Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 193483 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2355 on: July 14, 2020, 01:28:24 PM »

Bloody well is isn't it Shady.
Our simple days of going shopping and eating out have gone, it's a pain in the bum! 🤦🏼‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2356 on: July 14, 2020, 01:55:08 PM »

Yep - as well as hearing aids and mouth spray: we will all be deaf and hoarse by C.mas  :D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2357 on: July 14, 2020, 01:59:28 PM »

He caught it Folklass.
Ended up with double pneumonia, in hospital for 11 days, on oxygen, 1 day away from going into ICU. Then by the grace of the gods, he started to respond to the antibiotics.
Terrible, terrible time he had, we all did. x

CLKD

« Reply #2358 on: July 14, 2020, 02:15:11 PM »

Keeping distance = shouting
Shouting = deafness  ;D

Do keep up  ;D ........  :whist:

CLKD

« Reply #2359 on: July 14, 2020, 02:30:03 PM »

I believe that it should be taught in school for exactly these situations.  I had to work my dogs with sign language for 4 months after Mum upset me a lot in the 1990s  :'(.  I was so angry that I lost my voice.

Cazikins

« Reply #2360 on: July 14, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »

Keeping distance = shouting
Shouting = deafness  ;D

How on earth does shouting cause deafness?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2361 on: July 14, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »

Yes, Folklass, he's ok now thank god. A little forgetful with things, and still draws a deep breath occasionally, if he does too much too quickly,  but he made it. 🥰 Back at work too! Although behind a mask and visor takes its toll after a 10 hour shift. xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2362 on: July 14, 2020, 03:25:38 PM »

Depends how loud you shout! My gobs enough to make anyone deaf! 🙉 😆😂

Hi Cazikins. 👋🏼 You ok honey? x

CLKD

« Reply #2363 on: July 14, 2020, 03:55:30 PM »

agreed jillydoll - I have a 40 acre voice  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #2364 on: July 14, 2020, 04:26:02 PM »

Interesting statistics, but what has that to do with a pandemic and wearing masks.

Posts have been removed. My remark was relevant but I've now edited it at the request of a member as it subsequently read out of context.

Hurdity

Hurdity

« Reply #2365 on: July 14, 2020, 04:44:49 PM »

It's about hand washing in the main.  HOT SOAPY WATER! as well as gels after leaving a shop and don't forget to wipe the steering wheel and door handles and boot!

Which research and funded by whom ?  So many bits of research are appearing but none really believable, it will be years B4 we find out what might/not help.  Also, how long does C-19 live on surfaces ......... depends on what I read on which particular day  ::)

This research I posted earlier or yesterday and on the mask thread earlier today:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-oxford-covid-19-study-face-masks-and-coverings-work-act-now

If you read it you will see who funded it. Research is not about belief but evidence, which changes as time goes on obviously and therefore conclusions may also change.  Yes of course research will go on for years but there is a lot being carried out now globally on all fronts which is vital to understand, tackle the spread, treat and hopefully prevent this disease from having an even worse outcome.

"It's about hand-washing in the main"... what's about hand-washing? If you think that is the primary way to stop the spread of the virus then no, as far as I understand, it's not, but of course will help. Social distancing, reducing our social interactions and yes masks will be far more effective, as well as making sure that we can modify preventable risk factors to minimise the impact the disease might have, eg reducing weight (fat) and therefore Type 2 diabetes, and generally making sure we are as fit and healthy as we can possibly be given our circumstances.

Hurdity x

Cazikins

« Reply #2366 on: July 14, 2020, 04:50:11 PM »

Depends how loud you shout! My gobs enough to make anyone deaf! 🙉 😆😂

Hi Cazikins. 👋🏼 You ok honey? x

I'm good thanks Matey  :-* :-*, don't get on here as much as I use to, but try & check up on you & the other naughty ladies as often as I can  ;D ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #2367 on: July 14, 2020, 04:54:51 PM »

Just seen an expert on BBC News channel, who advises WHO on the use of face masks.

He said that the evidence is still inconclusive as to there effectiveness as different trials have produced different results. 

He also said that although he supports their introduction, they will only be of benefit it they are the right sort and worn properly.  He didn't think that at the moment people were doing this, and a lot more education was needed for them to be safe and effective.

CLKD

« Reply #2368 on: July 14, 2020, 05:11:10 PM »

Hand washing has always been the best way of destroying C-19.  Long B4 masks were suggested.  Hot soapy water, washing hands for 2 mins and clean towels.  The idea being is to drown the virus as it breaks down the outer skin of the virus.  Add to that regular use of hand sanitiser of over 75% alcohol incase 1 has touched a surface where the bug might lurk has been recommended from March.

Social distancing wasn't suggested for weeks.  Now it's been reduced - economically driven, not necessary good for the public.  If necessary now then the wearing of masks should have been instigated by April. 

CLKD

« Reply #2369 on: July 14, 2020, 05:38:55 PM »

Discuss:  ;D 'children under 11 not required to wear masks' - but we are told that children are the hidden carriers  :-\.  Get them back into school where they can keep the rest of us safe? 

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 179