Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 205056 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1500 on: April 16, 2020, 02:13:46 PM »

Hi.
Well, OH came home last Saturday, masked up, doc said just to make sure and to keep a distance from us at home, for 7 days.  Not sure the paper masks do anything, but hey ho, he's been wearing it anyway. Someone told me, who works at a hospital, the paper masks only last for 15 minutes. After that they?re no good. 🤷‍♀️ Anyway, not long to go now, then the 7 days are up!
We rang the GP on Monday, to see if he needed anymore AB, as the hospital only discharged him with two days worth, 😳 GP said yes, I?ll give you another 7 days worth just to make sure all the infection has gone, he's still getting night sweats, and she doesn't know if it's still the covid hanging around, or the pneumonia. I'm hoping they finish soon for him, cuz he hates em with a passion!
He's doing ok other than that. He's very weak, lost a hell of a lot of weight, and has to stop to get his breath back after just walking up and down the living room. His oxygen levels drop to around 88/89% but soon rise after he's sat down, to around 91/92% at best at the moment.
We bought him an oxygen gadget, you just slip it on your finger, and it reads the oxygen in your blood. I used it, and my oxygen level was 99%, so he still has a bit to go.
After having 15 l/min,  oxygen, pumped into him, at the hospital, which is the highest before intensive care, he's come on heaps.
So fingers crossed for a continued recovery. 🤞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1501 on: April 16, 2020, 04:11:44 PM »

JillyD - I thought that he had 4 negative tests, does the GP have a different discharge letter  :-\.    Improvement has to be good news!  How are you feeling really?  Knackered?   :tulips2:   He had "pneumonia" which is different !!! otherwise they wouldn't recommend going back for lung suction.  :-\

It has been found that incomers to China have re-activated a level of new cases needing hospital treatment.  Stands to reason that we need to keep away from others for while yet, stated earlier at least 3-4 weeks.  However, many businesses will fail  :'( even with financial help. 

Tc

« Reply #1502 on: April 16, 2020, 04:38:48 PM »

Great news jd. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1503 on: April 16, 2020, 04:56:14 PM »

It's better to remain in lockdown to lessen peaks and troughs of this virus.  We are becoming used to it and whilst the fine weather remains, we remain optimistic.  Keeping in touch.  Taking time to sniff the roses.  Whether there will be business to come back to remains to be seen.

It's for another 3 weeks initially.  It has to be reviewed regularly by which time, more info. will be available a) whether the virus has plaateud [sp] b) if a vaccine is any closer to being approved. 

Two hoots

« Reply #1504 on: April 16, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »

Hi jillydoll I'm sure he could contribute to the night sweats thread on here, he'll have plenty to sympathise with him  ;D

Must be lovely to have him home  :banana:

Barnacle

« Reply #1505 on: April 16, 2020, 05:32:19 PM »

Great news Jillydoll xx

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #1506 on: April 16, 2020, 06:30:04 PM »

Wonderful news Jillydoll x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1507 on: April 16, 2020, 07:05:14 PM »

The only thing he has is high blood pressure, which he's been on meds for, for years.
However, I read an article the other day that said people with high blood pressure were at a higher risk. How true this is, who knows!

Yes CLKD, he had four negative covid tests. But, they still say he had it, due to the behaviour of his pneumonia. Apparently, the pneumonia he had, was the same as the patients who did test positive, who had pneumonia. 

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies. Xxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #1508 on: April 16, 2020, 09:47:57 PM »

Dr chris Steele said to start taking vit D3
Tablets now

I think when they lift lockdown and if they insist on social distancing it might Mean no pubs or restaurants ? In which case they?ll have No business

Longer lockdown is devastating for our personal financial situation but money or health = no comparison .  We can live elsewhere if we have our health still x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1509 on: April 16, 2020, 10:01:00 PM »

My OH took vitamin D, perscription strength. ...🤷‍♀️

Annie0710

« Reply #1510 on: April 16, 2020, 10:06:53 PM »

My OH took vitamin D, perscription strength. ...🤷‍♀️

Oh I don't think it means it's going to stop anyone getting it unfortunately JD but he said it could help with the immune system.  God only knows why it affects some more than others 😢 x

Sparrow

« Reply #1511 on: April 17, 2020, 06:23:47 AM »

Isn't that one theory as to why it's affected the BAME communities more.  The darker your skin the less Vitamin D you get from sunlight in northern climes.

Tc

« Reply #1512 on: April 17, 2020, 07:38:46 AM »

My doc phoned me two weeks ago to say a pre lockdown blood test showed v low vit d. I was surprised something like that would be a priority but she wanted to stress it's important I pick up and take the high dose tabs immediately.

Xxx

Taz2

« Reply #1513 on: April 17, 2020, 07:43:06 AM »

Low Vit-D leads to a weakened immune system plus other health problems. Get those tablets started.   :)

Taz x

Tc

« Reply #1514 on: April 17, 2020, 07:48:47 AM »

Taz I finished course yesterday. 2 weeks of 20,000  daily. Huge dose. Now I'm on one of those a week for 4 weeks and thereafter it says on label to take highest OTC dose for maintenance. Xx
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 179