Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help- going on bucket list trip and will have my cyclical bleed on Utrogestan  (Read 938 times)

MicheleMaBelle

Hi ladies- any suggestions greatly appreciated. I'm off to the Galpagos in March and my cyclical patches and Utrogestan combo will be such that I will start my bleed around day 2-3 of the start of my holiday. Given that it will be hot, there will be lots of activity ( hiking, snorkelling etc ) I don't think that I could hack having a bleed given that it can last up to 7 days, sometimes longer. I'm not also sure I can hack the wiped out feeling that I get after 10 days on Utrogestan ( like today )
I'm due to start my new Utrogestan cycle on 5th February and I'm wondering if I should give it a miss and just continue with my patches and no Utrogestan til I come back.

I really am thinking of trying to stop HRT altogether but I suspect now is not the time. My bleeding is starting to get a bit erratic again but I'm not too bothered as it's happened before and nothing is amiss. I just don't think I'm absorbing that well from the patches x

jillydoll

• Hiya

OMG MicheleMaBelle, what a place to visit!
Sorry can't help with your question, just wanted to wish you well, and have a great time.
Let us know how it went won't you?
Someone will be on to offer some help shortly I should imagine.
Good luck.

Jd xx

MicheleMaBelle

Thanks Jillydoll - I know but given how the Utrogestan makes me feel and the bleeds, I really would rather not feel like how I feel today ie like a burst baw ( ball ) as we say in Scotland!
I'm sure it will be great though 🤪

sheila99

It's worth a try. If you're meno it'll work but when I tried it (in peri) I had a bleed anyway.

Hurdity

Hi ladies- any suggestions greatly appreciated. I'm off to the Galpagos in March and my cyclical patches and Utrogestan combo will be such that I will start my bleed around day 2-3 of the start of my holiday. Given that it will be hot, there will be lots of activity ( hiking, snorkelling etc ) I don't think that I could hack having a bleed given that it can last up to 7 days, sometimes longer. I'm not also sure I can hack the wiped out feeling that I get after 10 days on Utrogestan ( like today )
I'm due to start my new Utrogestan cycle on 5th February and I'm wondering if I should give it a miss and just continue with my patches and no Utrogestan til I come back.

I really am thinking of trying to stop HRT altogether but I suspect now is not the time. My bleeding is starting to get a bit erratic again but I'm not too bothered as it's happened before and nothing is amiss. I just don't think I'm absorbing that well from the patches x

Hi Michelemabelle - been a bit busy recently and not on forum so missed this! What date in March are you going? Sound like it will probably all be over by then? 5th + 12 days utro = 17 th Feb to finish utro, + 3 days = 20th to start bleed, 7 days for bleed comes to 27th so all done before you go? Did you mean 15th?

A rip for future ref - although sorry I can't remember how long your cycle is - I work out when I'm going away and make my cycle shorter or longer to accommodate this ( ie avoid it!) sometimes I have to work it out a few months in advance especially as I'm on long cycle....haven't done it yert for this year but must!

Wow Galapagos - sounds amazing! What sort of trip ( holiday thread?!)

Hurdity x

MicheleMaBelle

Hi Hurdity. We are away from the 13th. 5th +10 days= 15th. I've recently been bleeding before I've finished Utrogestan but sometimes 3 days after stopping. Very erratic. So bleed will probably start either at the start of the trip ( 2 days in Ecuador) before flying to the Galapagos for a 7 day cruise. Dates are all fixed so wasn't flexible. Just a bugger time wise. I've decided to just continue with oestrogen only and start the Utrogestan when I come back for 12 days if I don't end up a nut job. I really can't stand the thought of having the bleed when I'm away. It will be very humid and active and I can't use tampons!
Happy days x

Hurdity

Hi MicheleMabelle - OK sounds like a plan - I am still confused though which months you're talking about - but it doesn't take much to confuse me!! You go away 13th March but your next Utrogestan starts 5th Feb? Sounds like a wonderful trip - I would be getting excited by now and I understand why you don't want to bleed in the heat and while on such a holiday! have a fabulous time!! :)

Hurdity x

MicheleMaBelle

Thanks H- I've confused myself. I?ll take my Utrogestan normally in February,it's March I need to take oestrogen only until I come back 😘