Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ovestin  (Read 1995 times)

Whiskers

Ovestin
« on: January 18, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »

Hi guys. I'm a newbie to the forum but hope someone out there might be able to help. I am trying to track down some disposable vaginal applicators that will fit an OVESTIN tube as to keep on cleaning the reusable tube that comes with it is a bit of a nuisance. I can't help but think reusing the same tube is not that hygienic no matter how well you clean it. Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Tinkerbell

Re: Ovestin
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 01:26:37 PM »

I used Ovestin for a year and never got an infection from using the reusable applicator, although agree keep cleaning it is a bit of a pain when you use it daily.
Vagifem uses a disposable applicator, can you change to that?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »

Why would one get infection from a piece of plastic? I throw my applicator into the bath and wash with a small bottle brush - bought from Amazon in a set of 10 in different sizes, or buy from a chemist; allow to air dry and re-use.  Better than the applicators going into landfill?

Browse round.  Make notes! 

Whiskers

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 02:30:22 PM »

Thanks for your comments. Have just bought eye brow brushes from Amazon which no should help to be able to clean the threaded bit of the applicator. I have been told it is important to make sure that all of that area is clean as a build up of the cream could cause an infection!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 02:35:41 PM »

I use my fingers with the applicator held under warm running water.  Job done.  I use the small brush for cleaning the internal tube.  I've used the product for years without problems.

4 me trophy was like razor blades up there  :o

Whiskers

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 02:42:58 PM »

No doubt that Ovestin makes life comfy again!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 04:03:15 PM »

It has done for me.  As well as Nurofen when symptoms niggle. 

Dierdre

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 05:30:39 PM »

I dont use the applicator, just wash my hands, squeeze a large pea size onto my finger and spread it all around inside and out. I find this better than applying with the applicator that is an awful shape that feels quite sharp, also this way it dont come back out in a blob. Wash my hands, job done.