Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Any one tried herbal stress tablets for sleep ?  (Read 803 times)

friend of lhasa apso

Any one tried herbal stress tablets for sleep ?
« on: January 11, 2020, 05:30:40 PM »

Hi there!
Now this may be a fluke but I've taken tescos herbal stress relief tabs for the last two evenings and have had the best nights sleep in a long time ,whoo hoo ! I feel like dancing 🎉
    Just wondered if anyone else on here has tried something similar and if they've helped .They contain valerian passion flower and hops .

Ljp

Re: Any one tried herbal stress tablets for sleep ?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 05:38:36 PM »

Yes, I've taken 2 or 3 kalms (valerian)tablets at night for years, always worked for me 😊

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 07:40:02 PM »

Yep I use Dormesan Valerian drops from a health food shop - works a treat!  All these things with Valerian root come in various strengths though. x

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »

I think I jinxed it !didn't sleep the following night 😯 .
   I've come off the hrt which did help with sleep but I had severe bloating and palpitations with it .
    I'll try to persevere with herbal remedies and see how I go ,but don't function very well without sleep ,I just drag myself around the following day and feel miserable .
  I may give the dormesan a try  ,thanks for suggestion .x

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 11:02:27 AM »

Over the years I bought loads of over the counter sleep stuff and nothing worked.

Harmony

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 01:49:09 PM »

I've never had any luck with herbal sleep aids either. I've taken a low dose of amitriptyline (prescription drug) for sleep for years, and it worked from the first night. I'd like to come off it as I hate taking drugs, but can't sleep when I've tried to reduce it.

Ladybt28

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 01:57:03 PM »

The only herbal sleep aid I use is the Dormesan Valarian sleep drops and I know that the strength of the different kinds of herbal stuff varies.  The other thing I use you have to get from the internet in the UK is Melatonin tablets which come in 1mg/2mg/3mg/5mg and 10mg.  It is the chemical your body uses to react with light to wake up and go to sleep.  I had terrible insomnia for years which got worse in meno until I was on 2 hours a night and none some nights.  I have never had to take more than 3mg of melatonin a night.  I was taking it regularly at one point but now my hrt is balanced I only take it when I get stressed or I know I need to go to sleep as I have something on in the morning (some psychological stuff still lingers.. :(  not likely to go to sleep if I am convinced that I absolutely have to otherwise I wont wake up in the morning!...it keeps me awake!).

squeaker99

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 03:24:21 PM »

I took a herbal Meno tablet and it messed with my liver enzymes so be careful for long term use.
Lack of sleep is / was worst part of Peri Meno for me. I have bad patches of sleep then can be OK for a good
3 months then a few nights or week rubbish sleep. Acceptance is the key for me and not to get stressed about it.
Doing exercise or a long walk even when you've had a bad night the night before helps too.  I don't eat too late
and stay off caffeine / alcohol from 2pm. It's not much fun!