Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: sandrena gel vs estrogel  (Read 1972 times)

Sammiejane

sandrena gel vs estrogel
« on: January 04, 2020, 12:22:53 AM »

hi ladies

i've been using estrogel for a year at 2 pumps has resolved flushes sleep etc but i've been having hair shedding i've stopped it for the time being. ur wondering whether to try sandrena gel mainly because it has hairloss listed as uncommon and estrogel list of as frequency unknown cannot be estimated from available data - so does this means it happens a lot or not much.  ?

would sandrena be better ?

i'm not over keen on patch but would a patch be a more steady dose less fluctuations?

Erika28

Re: sandrena gel vs estrogel
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 02:32:19 PM »

This is the problem today, many of us perceive estrogen as being "bad" when in reality, it provides many more positives than negatives. Read studies and you will know for certain the truth.

Estradiol prolongs the anagen (growing) phase which means hair grows longer. Estrogen prevents early hair shedding. If you are experiencing issues, it may be due to too little estrogen, not too much. 2 pumps is a small dose.

Erika28

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 04:20:25 PM »

Absorption is enhanced with Sandrena due to the propylene glycol.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 05:38:42 PM »

hi ladies

i've been using estrogel for a year at 2 pumps has resolved flushes sleep etc but i've been having hair shedding i've stopped it for the time being. ur wondering whether to try sandrena gel mainly because it has hairloss listed as uncommon and estrogel list of as frequency unknown cannot be estimated from available data - so does this means it happens a lot or not much.  ?

would sandrena be better ?

i'm not over keen on patch but would a patch be a more steady dose less fluctuations?

As Birdy says - the oestrogen is estradiol in both so the only difference will be in how you absorb the different gels. They have different fillers (which could themselves lead to different side effects if you are sensitive) and a different concentration which will also affect absorption. Sandrena is sticky and takes a long time to dry. Oestrogel has very few fillers and dries very quickly. The preference will depend on how you get to your desired levels as well as convenience. For women using a high dose I did think Sandrena would be better being more concentrated so less area to spread on for the same amount of gel, but you have to balance against that the drying time, and also your own personal skin absorption.

As we have all said many times - hair growth and loss is very complex and due to a myriad of factors and their interplay - I started a thread on it with various studies and articles.

I hope you manage to find the right regime that is best for you and you also resolve your hair situation.

Hurdity x