Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Had Coil 9 weeks and feeling low, patches or gel best ?  (Read 1293 times)

Ruby10

Had Coil 9 weeks and feeling low, patches or gel best ?
« on: December 18, 2019, 11:42:21 PM »

I have had the mirena coil for 9 weeks now and have Everol 100 patches which were working ok for the last 6 months . I have noticed that the last few weeks that my low mood and anxiety of peri symptoms are back .
Did anyone else notice this and is it due to the progesterone being in my systems everyday ? Is having the estrogen gel better for this situation instead of patches as I now have the coil ?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:48:27 PM by Ruby10 »

Perinowpost

Re: Had Coil 9 weeks and feeling low, patches or gel best ?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 08:02:44 AM »

Hi Ruby 10

Yes it's due to the progesterone in your system from the mirena.  I had exactly the same thing and found it hit a peak after a few weeks of having it inserted.

The good news is because you're uterus is protected you can have as much oestrogen as you want, so my advice would be to play with your dose until you find a balance and feel better.

Re gel or patches in theory they should be the same, in fact I prefer patches as I find their delivery more consistent.

Good luck x

Ruby10

Re: Had Coil 9 weeks and feeling low, patches or gel best ?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 09:50:45 AM »

Thanks perinowpost . I have been having to have my estrogen patches altered for 2 years now wil be good to finally  get the levels sorted .