Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Holidays 2020  (Read 39733 times)

Dierdre

Re: Holidays 2020
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2020, 10:53:05 AM »

I clicked on the link to get a refund and its stated refunds would only be returned after the Covid-19 had ended, whenever that will be. However, you can use the voucher straight away to book flights now, would the new flight be then covered? You also get change and can use towards family bookings, just like credit.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2020, 11:19:10 AM »

Probably wrong.  They are responsible for paying back all monies, not to wait until the Virus is over or to issue vouchers in case the company goes bust   ....... I would have a look-see at the BBC website which had a bit about this during the week?  Or Trading Standards or contact your Tour Company web-site?

CLKD

« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2020, 11:38:46 AM »

totally wrong and Rynair are now back peddling.

Consumer website Moneysavingexpert has made a formal complaint to the Civil Aviation Authority and Trading Standards about Ryanair's apparent policy.

A Ryanair spokeswoman said: "For any cancelled flight, Ryanair is giving customers all of the options set out under EU regulations, including refunds."

Coronavirus: 'I don't want a flight voucher, where's my refund?'

'We're struggling to get a refund on our ?17,000 chalet'

Mr Childs is far from alone. There has been a wave of complaints from air passengers and holidaymakers who, despite accepting their break had to be cancelled, have had enormous difficulty getting a refund in good time - or at all.

Under EU law, travel companies must refund customers within 14 days if their package holiday is cancelled.

The EU's Denied Boarding Regulations state that air passengers are due a refund within seven days if a flight with an airline based in the UK or EU, or from an airport in the UK or EU, is cancelled.

CLKD

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2020, 03:46:32 PM »

Except that many areas rely on tourism ........ many businesses will close and be No More  :'(

I don't expect to go go far other than collect our personal belongings from the property recently sold.  A good excuse not to mix with people I don't like  :-X  ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2020, 04:12:40 PM »

I'm thinking our holiday will be cancelled soon.
Not due to go until the very end of June.
We?re not that bothered about going tbh, Im a little too scared to go.
Especially with what happened to my OH. 😢

CLKD

« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2020, 04:18:28 PM »

you both need to rest - so wait for them to cancel and refund your money - NOT a voucher ;-)

jaypo

« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2020, 05:46:37 PM »

Don't think I'd be bothered either tbh Jill,too much too soon.
I agree re Wales, I lived there for a while and we would tour round in our motor home and without tourists all the small shops and cafes will go under,it's the last thing Wales needs

CLKD

« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2020, 06:06:24 PM »

Oh !! no more honey ice-cream  :'( ..........

Big Article on IVT earlier about airlines needing more time to pay - does that mean that they have a lack of funds to pay immediately or a lack of staff to issue re-funds?

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2020, 06:32:38 PM »

We are still waiting for our cancelled holiday to be refunded. Jet2 have already refunded us the seat reservation money but villa company haven't.

Sparrow

« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2020, 06:18:41 AM »

I had an email yesterday, from our holiday company, asking if we want to change our holiday date to a 2021 booking.  We were due to travel on the 1st of June this year so that was never going to happen.

They are offering a special discount as well, for transferring so that is what we will do.  The option to cancel completely is of course still open.

Katejo

« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2020, 07:26:23 AM »

I had an email yesterday, from our holiday company, asking if we want to change our holiday date to a 2021 booking.  We were due to travel on the 1st of June this year so that was never going to happen.

They are offering a special discount as well, for transferring so that is what we will do.  The option to cancel completely is of course still open.
  I hadn't booked anything yet this year. However I would have been reluctant to transfer because I couldn't be sure of getting the same dates as leave in 2021 or if getting insurance for then.

CLKD

« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2020, 08:16:22 AM »

I would cancel.  The Company could still go out of business and if lockdown is going to continue possibly into the New Year ...........

Better the finances in your bank?

Sparrow

« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2020, 08:42:42 AM »

Our company is ABTA and Atol protected, plus we paid by credit card. 

https://www.abta.com/tips-and-advice/is-my-holiday-protected/new-package-travel-regulations

Package holidays offer the best form of protection. Financial protection means you are entitled to a refund or to be brought home if necessary should the travel company organising your package go out of business. You?re also protected if elements of the holiday aren't provided as required, for example the right to a refund if bad weather means your holiday can't go ahead.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:50:23 AM by Shadyglade »

Sparrow

« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2020, 09:41:41 AM »

I just can't imagine package holidays coming back any time soon. The whole experience from start to finish after all is of being 'packaged' in close quarters with other people.

The magnitude of the problem ....   :'( .... companies will be collapsing, its inevitable.

I don't think 'packaged in close quarters' is the correct definition of a Package Holiday  ???.  It's the accommodation and flights etc., that are the 'package' i.e booked together.  In other respects it's not any different to a self booked holiday.  You still sit next to people on the train, plane, in a restaurant, at a museum etc.,

Sparrow

« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »

But that's the same for a self book holiday, unless you drive to a cottage in the middle of nowhere, that is.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33