Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 44 when peri started, info about bone deficiency.  (Read 1217 times)

Chihuahuachick

44 when peri started, info about bone deficiency.
« on: November 18, 2019, 11:48:16 PM »

Does early peri mean bone deficiency?

The doctor wanted to talk to.me about going on HRT as peri started at 44.

I might have the bone deficiency wrong? I just thought I would ask the forum.

I didn't take much notice at the time when the doctor told me, I don't want HRT, I would prefer to let things happen naturally if it's possible I can cope.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 44 when peri started, info about bone deficiency.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 09:43:14 AM »

Menopause is 'natural' but some symptoms need assistance.

H[ormone]R[eplacement]T[herapy]

Does what it suggests.  Ordinarily our hormones protect heart and bones so when the oestrogen drops off the body may require support.  You are young so considering HRT is important.

If there are no reasons why you shouldn't use it then have a long chat with your GP.  Or a Pharmacist.  Good exercise can help keep bones healthy so a 10 min brisk walk daily is important.  As is a good diet full of dairy/calcium. 

Maybe keep a diary: food/symptoms/moods : to see what you would like to ease first.  Your GP can arrange for a bone scan, best down on the pelvis and hips which are the denist area.  It is better to avoid osteoporosis as this can be painful as well as dangerous.

There is an osteoporosis society but I can't remember the full title  ::).

Do read the threads on vaginal atrophy.  Very important to be aware and this is a different form of HRT which is essential for many women.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there!