Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Experience with Professor John Eden (Sydney)?  (Read 1482 times)

SydneyScotMeno

Experience with Professor John Eden (Sydney)?
« on: November 18, 2019, 01:56:37 AM »

Hello everyone

I'm a Scot based in Sydney and after 2 years of suffering with no end in sight i have finally found a new GP who has referred me to Prof John Eden.  Supposed to be the best in the field here in Australia.   Just wondering if anyone on the forum has had success with him. or knows someone who has?

Thanks !!!

Alua197

Re: Experience with Professor John Eden (Sydney)?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 11:16:59 AM »

I live up in central queensland and took two flights to visit him in sydney. I found him lovely to deal with and very down to earth. He prescribed me sandrena gel and utro.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »

Well done!

Let us know how you get on.   Maybe take a list of symptoms along and work through with the Prof - The Change really is trial and error!

R U safe with the current fire-storms across your region?

KiltedCupid

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »

Wow, Alua197 - 2 flights really puts into perspective just how big your country is! Great that it wasn't a wasted journey and you've been prescribed a good regime. Hope it works well for you.

SydneyScotMeno

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 07:13:57 PM »

Thankyou everyone for replying and yes all safe here but it was close last week I live in Turramurra which had 2 fires going very unusual and a bit scary! Hope you are safe in Queensland too?

CLKD I will certainly take the check list - have pretty much all of the symptoms which also seem to be getting worse again so am really hoping Prof Eden can help. Been on Femoston, patches (very briefly) and now Duavive with only minimal improvements.  Fingers and everything crossed!!!

Alua197 how are you going on his regime?

Thanks again - so good to have this forum !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 08:20:32 PM »

Let us know how you get on and have you packed your precious stuff in case?

Alua197

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »

Hi well about 5 days after visiting dr eden my dad died so i only did 4 days on gel and then reverted to premarin which is what i was taking when i saw dr eden. That was close to 3 years ago. I have been off hrt 10 weeks now as the premarin caused me horrific and regular migraine wirh aura. I am also very intolerant to progestins and utro wasnt good for me either. So i kind of had no choice but to try and get off. Over the past 6 years i tried every regime from femoston, 3 different kinds of patches, premarin, gel and of those the best for me was the premarin. Some ladies have great relief but for me hrt had pretty awful side effects. I have noticed now i am off how it made anxiety and depression worse for me. I do believe though that of the plethora of doctors i saw here in australia dr eden was the only one who had a clue about menopause. Wishing you all the best x

SydneyScotMeno

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 11:17:18 PM »

Thankyou so much for the info, so disappointed for you not to have found something that works  :(

Same here re progestins, I've been much better mood wise since going onto Duavive which is Estrogen only, but I am still suffering hugely from fatigue and tiredness and brain fog which makes work and day to day life a real challenge at times.   Anyhoo - will report back after seeing Prof Eden, I live in hope !

Take care xx