Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Estradot patches  (Read 5230 times)

natal97

Estradot patches
« on: November 12, 2019, 10:21:58 PM »

I'm starting new estradot patches this week and reading the leaflet that comes with the patches. The leaflet states that the patch should be placed lower abdomen below the waistline.
I used to be on evorel patches which had to be applied to the leg/bum area - I thought this was the same for all patches?
Does anyone wear their estradot patch on their thigh? Or does it have to be abdomen?
Thanks  8)

SV66

Re: Estradot patches
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »

Hi there

I wear Estradot patches and have done for about 8 months and yes I place them on my lower abdomen

prior to Estradot I was on a different patch ( which didn't suit me) and these had to be on your bum

x

hotmama

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 05:13:58 PM »

Hi, I put them on my lower tummy, alternating sides. Glad you've been able to get them as I can't, on the south coast.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 05:34:32 PM »

It really doesn't matter where you put them as long as it is the lower trunk ( some of the instructions say this) and away from breasts.

Some of them have had trials to test the absorption so the site recommended will be the one presumably that gave the highest absorption or the best stickability. You just need to stick it where it is right for you and your lifestyle and the clothing you wear. I always put Estradot (and the patches I was changed to - Estraderm) on my butt cheek and have been happy with this. I wouldn't want them on my front lower abdomen because of the (loose) baby skin I still have there and I think it would be more likely to rub off. Depends on the size of the patch too.

Have just looked at the Evorel product info and it says this:

"Recommended application sites are on clean, dry, healthy, intact skin and each application should be made to a slightly different area of skin on the trunk below waistline." - so not just leg bum area!

Yes alternating sides so not stuck to exactly the same place each time. I would suggest once you have found a site on your body that suits you and the right dose then just alternate sides because the absorption will vary depending on where you stick it and the thickness of your skin etc.

You can apply to your thigh but maybe absorption will be less if skin is thicker and may also be more likely to rub off with pulling down jeans and tights etc?

Hurdity x

natal97

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 09:53:12 AM »

Thanks so much for all of your replies!

I think I will stick to the upper thigh/ bum area as I feel it may rub off more on lower abdomen area.

I was first prescribed evorel 100 but completely out of stock now. My sister in law works in pharmaceuticals and she rang evorel and asked about it, they said they are expecting stock to be back mid 2020.

My local pharmacy is pretty good and helps out a lot, it was them that rang my doctor and got me switched from Evorel to estradot

Xx

ann58

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 11:29:26 PM »

I put my Estradot on upper thigh.

Tc

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 12:24:05 AM »

Hiya. I used to put on my lower  tummy. Alternate side each change. I found they stick pretty well. Xx

Orangefoot

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 11:57:30 PM »

I put estradot on the back of my hip. I can't get them for love nor money and now have a HUUUUUGE Estraderm.

Tc

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 12:05:33 PM »

Orange. I hear you. I cant get them either.  but I've now been switched to gel.

The estradot are tiny compared to other
patches and I found they stick the best too.

Let's hope this supply debacle gets sorted soon.
X

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »

I put estradot on the back of my hip. I can't get them for love nor money and now have a HUUUUUGE Estraderm.

Yes they are! Do you still place Estraderm on butt? - Now and again mine start to come unstuck so have to change early, as they are so huge!

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 12:39:23 PM »

hi any ladies had hairloss on estradot patches ?

Grumpymum

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 11:16:52 AM »

Now you mention it Sammy my hair is thinning which I put down to menopause but thought that HRT would protect me from that. I'd never thought about it being because I have Estradot patches! I'd be interested to hear other views.

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 02:46:40 PM »

No Estradot does not cause hairloss which is mainly due to low oestrogen levels as well as underactive thyroid, low iron and some vit levels, low and high Tesosterone - and wrong balance between T and oestrogen, and some androgenic progrestogens which are testosterone derived.

Yes menopause and the attendant hormonal changes has an anormous effect on our hair - causing hair  thinning and loss and lack of lustre - it loses its luxuriance.  As many will know from pregnancy - our hair was thick, shiny and lovely then - and probably never the same again!

This thread is not about hairloss anyway - it's about the placing of patches. Let's keep to that otherwise every other thread becomes about hair loss, unwelcome though this is (ie hair loss)! It really needs another - long-running thread of its own.

Hurdity x

Orangefoot

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 01:50:11 AM »

Yes they are! Do you still place Estraderm on butt? - Now and again mine start to come unstuck so have to change early, as they are so huge!

Hurdity x

I got mad with them peeling off so cut them in half and stuck both bits on next to each other on my hip and they stayed on better being smaller but irritated my skin and the edge of one scratched me. This week I've put it on my thigh and it's stuck ok (as long as dh doesn't stroke me!) but I think somethign in them makes me itchy so that's not cool. Bring back Estradot!

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 08:25:46 AM »

I've just posted on the other Estradot thread because according to BMS they are now available but when they will get into the supply chain I don't know but I'm hoping...

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2