Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can I use hrt tablets & gel at the same time  (Read 893 times)

Rachelsquelch

Can I use hrt tablets & gel at the same time
« on: November 07, 2019, 08:00:19 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm currently taking Elleste diet Conti hrt tablets (have done for about 14 months now), however the last couple of months I have noticed that I am experiencing some of the awful muscle/joint pains that I used to get before I went onto hrt. I was wondering if I could stay on the hrt tablets & just ‘top up' with oestrogel when these symptoms rear their ugly head again. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Hurdity

Re: Can I use hrt tablets & gel at the same time
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 08:36:59 PM »

Hi Rachelsquelch - this would be pretty much off-licence or whatever the term is because the amount is suppoosed to be balanced between oestrogen and progestogen. Of course in a combi product you can't alter one without the other so it might be possible to add gel without causing thickening of the womb lining, but on the other hand it might well cause thickening and then you would get random bleeding and eventually would need extra progestogen to thin it down again. However because Elleste conti tabs are the same formulation as the tabs in Elleste Duet sequi ( and normally less prog is needed when being used as conti) it may be OK.

Upshot is - it might be possible but only through a doc who can monitor you to make sure your lining doesn't get too thick.

Hurdity x

Rachelsquelch

Re: Can I use hrt tablets & gel at the same time
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:58:06 AM »

Thanks Hurdity. That makes sense.