Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil and reflux  (Read 1695 times)

EleanorB

Mirena Coil and reflux
« on: October 20, 2019, 01:23:53 PM »

Hi,

I was on oestrogen unnoposed (due to migraine) then had a Mirena Coil put in a month ish ago as I now need progesterone (development of polyps.)

I have had reflux/stomach issues for years, take 40mg of ppi daily. It was getting so much better prior to the mirena being put in. Just after the mirena I had to take an antibiotic for a uti.

I know antibiotics can really upset my stomach and it did but I am still suffering weeks later and now I wonder if it's partly the progesterone in the Mirena Coil. Anyone has experience of reflux issues with a mirena?

I am at my wit's end as I have ongoing embedded uti  issues for which I need to take longer term antibiotics but haven't Started them yet due to stomach pain/heartburn.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mirena Coil and reflux
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 03:56:51 PM »

Sorry that you are having problems, needing to pee is so uncomfy  >:(.  Was a recent urine sample tested in a Lab. to confirm embedded infection?   How have symptoms been without ABs? 

Probably the ABs which have upset the gut lining.  I found taking 'actimel' eased some of the discomfort during a course and then Greek LIVE yoghurt from a spoon; several a day for 5 days: but to be honest, haven't tolerated any ABs for years.  2 doses of tablets and I'm on my
knees  :-\

What R U taking for the gut?  I find 'milk of magnesia' or 'rennies' ease symptoms others have prescription medication - if you do a 'search' you'll see how others cope.   Omeprazloloe ? springs to mind.  I find that I have background reflux if I don't eat regularly enough too.  It's Trial and Error and so tiring  :-\

:foryou: