Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ordering from online pharmacy  (Read 5228 times)

flossie fiddler

Ordering from online pharmacy
« on: October 17, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »

Hi all, was in a panic last night because my Evorel Sequi wasn't available anywhere locally. I came across Oxford Pharmacy online but when I clicked on the item to put it in my basket, and ticked the box saying I had a prescription, it would only let me have 24 patches and my script is for 48.

I rang them this morning and they said they order the meds once they've received my prescription. I have to send my prescription in with a covering letter and they will ring me as soon as they receive it at their end and take payment over the phone. I've left it a bit late, and will probably need to go without my HRT for a day or two, but don't mind if it means I can get my 6 months supply.

Hope this helps anyone else who is struggling to source their hormone therapy. Will let you know how the process goes.

Tracey x

Viwi

Re: Ordering from online pharmacy
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 08:38:08 PM »

Ehh - I called all pharmacies in my city.. no patches, no 50, no 25... and no pills (not that I can take pills) I'm done for...  :'( Only option for me now is to buy them online and pay 70 pounds...   :'(

bear

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 03:59:40 PM »

Ehh - I called all pharmacies in my city.. no patches, no 50, no 25... and no pills (not that I can take pills) I'm done for...  :'( Only option for me now is to buy them online and pay 70 pounds...   :'(

Hi Viwi,

Do you have a private prescription?

BeaR.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 05:13:34 PM »

If you have an NHS prescription, you won't need to pay that. Just send your NHS one to the online pharmacy (and perhaps keep a photocopy in case it goes missing in  the post).

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »

An update. Paid extra for special delivery sending my prescription to them to make sure they had it today. Just checked the tracking and it's still at Swindon mail centre. Cheers Royal Mail, epic fail 😭😭

So tomorrow I will run out of patches. I expected that, but looks like I could be without for a week or more. Will I be ok to just restart when I get them? Am I likely to get random bleeds? Will be interested to see which symptoms return and when.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 05:34:38 PM »

An update. Paid extra for special delivery sending my prescription to them to make sure they had it today. Just checked the tracking and it's still at Swindon mail centre. Cheers Royal Mail, epic fail 😭😭

So tomorrow I will run out of patches. I expected that, but looks like I could be without for a week or more. Will I be ok to just restart when I get them? Am I likely to get random bleeds? Will be interested to see which symptoms return and when.

I risked sending mine to the Freepost address (and kept a copy). Independent Pharmacy sent the patches by secure delivery and I wasn't in so I had to collect them from the depot due to a signature being required. I don't know how long a gap is needed before any bleeding or return of symptoms.

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 05:39:17 PM »

Are you able to try gel? X

KiltedCupid

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 08:23:20 PM »

Viwi - don't know what type you need but I got patches this week from oxford.

Viwi

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 01:46:41 PM »

Are you able to try gel? X
I can't or more like my GP will not let me with my list of allergies and skin irritation from too many things :(

If you have an NHS prescription, you won't need to pay that. Just send your NHS one to the online pharmacy (and perhaps keep a photocopy in case it goes missing in  the post).
I think only Oxford pharmacy can do that and they don't have Estraderm - I can use FemSeven but I will have horrible blisters (allergy reaction for adhersive), Evorel is giving me horrible swellings in legs and hands :( If I will not be able to find anything next month (this month I found Estraderm 25 so I will use 2 patches - pharmacy is where devis say goodbye in my city but they had last 16 patches - exactly what I needed) I will ask for Fem7 and do it online - not like I will have other option XD It's a nightmare what they do to people!! I hope karma will return to them!

KiltedCupid

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »

Viwi - I got estraderm from pharmacyplanet.

Viwi

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 11:08:58 AM »

KiltedCupid - I was so excited to read that - I searched for this website and... "Site is unaviable" - I want to cry XD Dunno why, but I cant open this site no matter what I do :(

Hmm - I'm trying to find out what is the difference between Estraderm MX and Estraderm TTS - except shape - they are the same :/ But there need to be something more to that :/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:24:19 AM by Viwi »

KiltedCupid

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 11:39:05 AM »

KiltedCupid - I was so excited to read that - I searched for this website and... "Site is unaviable" - I want to cry XD Dunno why, but I cant open this site no matter what I do :(

Hmm - I'm trying to find out what is the difference between Estraderm MX and Estraderm TTS - except shape - they are the same :/ But there need to be something more to that :/

I've sent you a pm.

Viwi

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 12:51:15 PM »

I got it love :) After some strugling my husband managed to open it. Sadly they only have 100, and my GP will not agree to cut them :)
No worries - I will look elsewhere :) I have 3 weeks till GP appointment :)

KiltedCupid

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 03:08:44 PM »

Your gp is talking crap.

Glad you managed to get in though. You know they're there if you're desperate.

Viwi

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 03:22:21 PM »

I think that he just want to be carefull with me as I'm just 33 XD He is great GP - he just have his own point of view :) Hopefully they will still be there on 7.11 :)
Once again - thank you  :-*
Pages: [1] 2 3