Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Which Hrt to take?  (Read 1489 times)

Portugal

• First Flush
Which Hrt to take?
« on: October 16, 2019, 12:40:55 PM »

Hello All
I have posted before but find the site hard to follow.
I was on ellest duet 2 mg for a couple of months and seemed fine then had to change to femston which gave me side effects, but at the time didn't realise.
I then went back on ellest duet 2 mg but didn't think it was doing anything. My head was so groggy and I never seemed to get away from a very low mood apart for one week out of a month.
I just couldn't live with it, it wasn't me and I never felt happy.
2 weeks ago I decided to stop the Hrt.
Again felt OK for one week and then boom back down again.
Today I have had to leave work because I am so tearful and just miss feeling unhappy.
I am going to the nurse practitioner to talk to her.
I have only tried 2 of the oral hrt, I wonder re a patch instead?
I here women say that they felt great on hrt. I have not felt like that yet.

Thanks for listening x

SuffolkLou

Re: Which Hrt to take?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 01:02:03 PM »

Hi there,
Thanks for sharing, I am new to this site and know nothing about HRT.
But just wanted to say Hello and sending warm wishes to you,
xx

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 02:13:03 PM »

I'm afraid you have to try them, what suits one person doesn't suit another, and the dose may have to be adjusted to suit your needs. You should try one for 3 months as it can take time to work. Usually hot flushes can take a few days but my anxiety took 3 months. Transdermal is safer than oral so a good place to start but it's usually the progesterone that causes problems

Portugal

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 08:49:18 AM »

Hi Sheila
Thank you.
So after 3 months has your head lifted to a point you can enjoy life?
Did low mood and depression affect you?
It is all so hard.
I know there is no magic cure but surely I should feel better than I am!?
I have an appointment today but don't hold out much hope as the doctor not too sympathetic.
I feel such a failure as I have struggled with depression and now menopause together since February this year.

Yey! I managed to reply to you. x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »

My main symptoms were anxiety and insomnia, both took 3 months. I'm not sure how much was caused by insomnia because when you don't sleep it's impossible to feel well. I had low mood and lack of motivation. I found testosterone helped this, but they like you to be stable on HRT before they will prescribe it. The problem with depression and anxiety is that they both have many causes and if you've had depression before it's possible meno isn't the cause. Good luck at the doctors, I hope they come up with a plan.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 01:28:21 PM »

Like Sheila has said Portugal, it's all trial and error...I'm so sorry you feel so crap.
I tried the patches at first, but they gave me side effects, so I tried Femoston Conti and after a good few months I started to feel better...it was hard going tho, I was ready to quit and throw the towel in, but I'm so glad I didn't, I feel almost back to myself now, still have blip days but I can handle those.
There are separate ones you can try, oestrogen gel, which you apply to the skin, and is easier to tweak if need be, and a separate progesterone.
Hope this helps, but remember to stay on for about 3/6 months to see if it suits you, as long as the side effects aren't too bad that is....keep fighting, you'll get there...it's a nightmare isn't it? Xxxxx