Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bleeding post menopause  (Read 2893 times)

vickypk

Bleeding post menopause
« on: October 14, 2019, 11:09:39 AM »

Hi
I'm very worried. This morning I had bleeding like a period with clots. I have never had anything like this before. I've seen my GP and been referred to the hospital within 2 weeks. I'm 62 and been on evorel conti for 4 years. Just feel upset about it all. Thanks x

Dotty

Re: Bleeding post menopause
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:32:53 AM »

Hi Vickypk  You have done the right thing in going to your GP.  Try not to worry xxx

vickypk

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 11:37:14 AM »

Thanks Dotty xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 01:03:27 PM »

Hi Vickypk
I have had a bleed 3 years post menopause. I saw the doctor this morning and have been referred to hospital who have already telephoned to make the appointment. I feel anxious but the lovely ladies on this forum are reassuring and I am trying not to worry too much and it is good that we are being checked so quickly.
I am sending you love as I know if you are anything like me it is an worrying time. Xx

Dollydream

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 01:41:58 PM »

Hi ladies
I have had the same.  I had a scan a week last Friday and have to go for a hysteroscopy next Tuesday which was booked following the scan.  It's not a nice place to be and I've had a few mini meltdowns, but I'm trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of things.  I went through this before in 2017, when the hospital rang me immediately after my scan (which completely freaked me out) to send me for the hysteroscopy the next morning.  There was nothing wrong at all.  My lining was mildly thickened and it rang alarm bells at the scan.  Boy, was I relieved. 
Hope you both don't have to wait too long.
Dolly x

vickypk

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »

Hi QueenofReds3
Thanks for your reply. I had a call from the hospital and have an appointment on wednesday. I know was feeling fine then saw all this bleeding, still bleeding this afternoon. Hopefully nothing. You are in a similar position, it's not good is it. At least everything will be checked out for us  thanks Sending you love too Hope you are okay x

Hi Dolly dream.
Thanks for your reply. I know just feel fed up now. Laying down and bleesing,. See how it goes. It was good all was fine in 2017 for you. I suppose it doesn't always mean anything bad
 Just all is fine for us all 
Vicky xx

Dollydream

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 04:55:49 PM »

Good luck for your appointment Vicky and you too Queen of Reds, let me know how you get on xx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »

Hi vickypk

Sorry to hear about this. A post-menopausal bleed when on HRT is far less of a worry than if you are not because it is most likely to be due to an imbalance between the oestrogen and progestogen from the HRT causing the bleeding so the lining has got a bit too thick maybe - especially as your combo is fixed so you can't alter one without the other. Sometimes other conditions eg fibroids and polyps can cause bleeding. Good that you are being checked out and as the others have said try not to worry - all bleeding like this is fast tracked to rule out anything potentially serious at the earliest stage. Thank goodness for the NHS eh?

Take care and hope all is well :)

Hurdity x

QueenofReds3

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »

Hi Vickypk
Good luck for Wednesday. Keep in touch. Mine is Monday, they wanted me in Weds but my OH is working away so moved it to Monday as I want him there with me. I am okay but cannot help but be worried.
Sending love. Xxx

Thank you Dollydream and good luck for your hysteroscopy appointment. Xx

vickypk

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 06:51:27 PM »

Thanks Hurdity feel better reading your reply. It could just be an imbalance with the HRT hopefully. Yes the NHS are really good. Saw my GP at 10.30am today and got a phone call at 12pm from the hospital with an appointment for Wednesday. Not too long to wait.
Thank you Vicky x

vickypk

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »

Hi QueenofReds3
Thank you. Sending you love too and hope your appointment goes well on Monday. Will let you know how Wednesday goes
Vicky x

vickypk

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 07:56:16 AM »

I've got my appointment later at the hospital. Feeling quite upset, still bleeding and in pain since Monday . Just very worried now with the pains.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 08:34:46 AM »

Morning Vickypk
Good luck for your appointment. Try to calm yourself, you have all your questions written down before you go . I know there is not a lot I can do to help but I have my fingers crossed for you and I am sure you will be fine. You are going to be in the right place to help you.
I wish mine was today tbh, but I did not want to be alone. I have not slept properly this week.
Let us know how you get on.
Sending love. X
QOR3. ( trust me to pick a long user name😊)

vickypk

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 08:59:25 AM »

Hi QueenofReds3.
Thanks for your reply. i am usually out running every morning. With the pain and bleeding don't want to get out of bed. Same here can't sleep. It's kind of you to reply and hope you are okay with all the tests next Monday for you too. Sending you love xx thank you

Dotty

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 09:14:13 AM »

Thinking of you Vickypk x
Pages: [1] 2