Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Problems with utrogestan. Anybody else?  (Read 1345 times)

ladylollipop

Problems with utrogestan. Anybody else?
« on: September 08, 2019, 07:26:06 PM »

Hello ladies, because I can't get Fem7sequi patches at the moment I had to change to estradiol patches only and take utrogestan (200mg) for a fortnight. But know I don't feel well on it. Dizziness, headache, feel nausea and also have stomach problems. Don't know what to do because I still have my womb and must take progesterone. Any idea, please?

Lady Lollipop x

DownDillie

Re: Problems with utrogestan. Anybody else?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »

Hi ladylollilop,

Up until recently I was taking 100mg Utro orally every day. I had side-effects as you've described but they improved a lot after about 3 months, although still left with a bit of a woolly head. It did improve my sleep a lot though, I zonked out all night, but of course was a bit dozy in the mornings.

More recently, I found I was getting a lot more headaches, an almost continuous dull headache at the back of my head, so I switched to taking it vaginally. That more or less banished the headaches but has brought on its own issues (just posted about it).

Things may settle down for you but it may take a while.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 07:50:09 PM »

Oh yes!
Hate the stuff....... I maybe should be a little more moderate and impartial, but, it was the worst for me, drove me nuts, agitated, insomnia, racing thoughts etc etc, so lasted 5 days..
Never again..
I use Femeston- the progesterone in that is very kind to me. Norethesterone ( can't spell it ☹️)was okay-ish, but did make me feel sick.
I too was going on to fem7sequi patches, but wow surprisingly out of stock so on the pills until it comes back.

AG

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 08:16:07 PM »

Yes, I initially used patches and only 4 or 5 Utrogestan tablets before I had to stop due to similar symptoms and feeling really dreadful (worse than on some bad peri days when not taking anything). Utrogestan for me is "off the menu", and I am now early in with Femoston 1/10 (not yet on the tablets containing the progestrone part). AG

ladylollipop

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 08:17:24 PM »

Thanks for your replies.,I have forgotten to mention that I also feel bloated. Just awful!! I think I took Femoston years ago but didn't feel well on it. Can't understand that they just stopped selling Fem7sequi without warning.

Lady Lollipop x

roseandthorn

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 07:19:47 AM »

Femseven Sequi and Femseven Conti patches have been out of stock for a while and not thought to be available again until at least Spring of next year. I was on Conti, and tried Femseven 50 oestrogen patches (still available) and utrogestan conti, and couldn't tolerate it at all. The utrogestan couldn't hold the lining and I had a terrible bleed and other horrible side effects. I am now on Femoston Conti which isn't great but my least worst option (I too don't do well on noresthiterone, so couldn't swop to Everol...the supply of which is now interrupted too). Having said all of that, a lot of women do well on utrogestan so it might be worth trying for a bit longer as other posters have mentioned, and trying the vaginal route too. Am going to try to continue with Femoston conti in the forlorn hope that Femseven Conti patches will be back in supply next year.

Tracey E

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 07:35:56 AM »

Hi, I'm taking Utrogestan vaginally route for just 7 days per month and even that is a struggle. Still get lethargy, achey ankles, feet and fingers but worse than that  I feel really low when I'm taking it. Just waiting for a Mirena coil to be fitted.