Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: PMS Symptoms  (Read 716 times)

Mogster71

PMS Symptoms
« on: September 08, 2019, 03:55:55 PM »

Hi ladies

Well I'm on day 25 of my first month on Femeston 2/10. This is my second attempt at HRT with Novofem failing badly because of my reaction to the progesterone, and I was almost too scared to try something else but the headaches drove me to looking at it again.

This time around it's been a bit of a mixed bag; felt ok the first couple of weeks (despite horrendous period pains then a 3 day period after the first week) but it seems that when I start on the progesterone section of the tablets things go sideways :(  joint pain, upset tummy again and worst this time was the awful PMS type symptoms - I was moody and raging last week, now all I want to do is cry and I can feel my anxiety and adrenaline rising.

The only thing it has managed to do is sort my headaches out. I never ever suffered from PMS before this, other than tears a few hours before starting my period. I feel deflated and hate myself at the moment because I never feel "right".  :'( :'(

I just don't know what to do any more - does anyone know why you would get PMS, is it too much progesterone? Not enough oestrogen?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: PMS Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:10:37 PM »

Lots of ladies cannot tolerate the progesterone part of HRT  :-\

Maybe put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?

Mogster71

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 04:19:30 PM »

Yikes

It doesn't sound very positive! So what if you can't tolerate the progesterone - does it mean you are jiggered?? Will progesterone give me trouble whatever the format?  :-\ :-\

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

I don't know.  That's why putting the name into the search box might give you some clues. 

What symptoms are you suffering?

Mogster71

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 04:38:38 PM »

Hi CKLD

Upset tummy
Continuous period pains
Very Low mood/irritability/tearfulness
Joint pain
Adrenaline rushes

I am already doing the search in the box for Femeston :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »

Awful aint it - my worst PMS was sudden intense nausea, I had to find a loo in the pharmacy one day  :-\ - she tried to direct me to the town loos but I knew that they had been shut for years and "I need a loo and I need it now!" seemed to do the trick.  Her face - I wasn't ever ill and found that bananas as well as eating every 3 hours 24/7 helped.

That happened 10 days prior to a period starting  :-\.  Do you find pain relief helps the period pain?  There is a medication specific for that but I can't remember the n name  :-\

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »

Yes lovely, it is awful. The upside is a reduction/stopping my hormonal migraines/headaches and nausea, the upset tum for me is the other end :oops:

I'm definitely with you on the regular eating, it seems to help. Hence I've just demolished spotted dick and custard for medicinal purposes.  ;D

I've no idea where I am with periods or whether I'll even get a bleed at the end of this packet as I had one earlier on. It feels like I will, but then again I've had the period pain a lot this cycle. Grr. Do you mean nurofen? Naproxen? I would normally take ibuprofen for period pain if it gets that bad, yes. When I had my mini period earlier this pack it's the first time I had to drag my hot water bottle out in a long time as well.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »

Feminax rings a bell  :-\ - maybe talk to a local Pharmacist?  He/she can advise on what you can mix and how much and how often.

I haven't eaten spotted dick with custard for years++ - is it good for headaches  :D