Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Could womb lining be building up? -  (Read 3153 times)

juliemargaret

Could womb lining be building up? -
« on: September 07, 2019, 11:33:31 AM »

Hi all - a question - if I have been taking 3 pumps of estrogel daily for 3 weeks but no progesterone (utrogestan) yet, and have not yet had my period, could this mean my lining could be worryingly building up or is there no cause for concern just yet? (Waiting for my natural period to come so i can start a sequi cycle - want to do it this way so i can try and tie it in as best as can and as ideal)

Just want my bleed but not happening yet...was 7 weeks since last and i feel one is coming ...or hope it is but in back of mind  a little worried about the fact ove had no opposing progesterone for 3 weeks.

Any thoughts?

Dotty

Re: Could womb lining be building up? -
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 02:27:54 PM »

I'm sure you'll be ok for 3 weeks x

juliemargaret

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 04:25:35 PM »

Thanks as always dotty. Still no sign of period.....feel yuk though. Keep ypu posted. X

bear

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 05:14:58 PM »

Hi Jmargaret,

If you're waiting for your natural period to come, why are you on 3 pumps of Oestrogel? Is it controlling perimenopausal symptoms?

A natural bleeding in perimenopause can come in 3 weeks or in 10 months! What if it doesn't come? I understand your idea of trying to synchronise your natural periods with HRT, but it's virtually impossible to predict your periods in the late stages of perimenopause.

Three weeks without progesterone is not an issue, but depending on how long you will postpone it until that natural period occurs, can be dangerous.

BeaR.

juliemargaret

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »

Hi bear .....i agree.which is why im a bit uh huh ...but know will have to start utro asap. My thing is...not feeling great...not even on 3 pumps gel. Feel same...really come.to think of.....energy low and mood flat...bladder been awful...more so last few days and like before hrt so i know my body is gearing up for a bleed as all usual pmt symptoms. Been on hrt  nearly 5 months....cant say ever ive felt great or " ohh i feel good this is helping". Not felt ridiculously bad BUT...yeah..still flat....so.cant be helping much. Ive had no go in me of late (altho doing stuff and as normal) and motivation crap. No libido.neither which havent had a long time....altho i do parcipitate and enjoy and eith open heart n love but doesnt sort of come naturally to me anymore - ie..just feel horny cos i can and do! But as i said i do enjoy when happens and no probs with O etc! 

I started  on 2 pumps..and alternate eve 100mg vaginal utro. Realised my gp had put me on a conti (100mg daily days 1 - 25 orally which i decided i couldbt do so went off license and did alternate and vag) but i started feeling so fatigued and flat still so wanted to try sequi at least before i quit. So upped to 3...and as u know waiting for bleed so i can start the countdown to day 15. Need my period as feel sh**. Look it too.(or so i feel - my husband said i look fine but just a little tired and look  like i usually do when im due to come on !)

So in a nutshell..your question....of why. I dont know..but do know i cant rave about even being on gel only! I hoped wouod feel amazing and mojo back and brand new. ..at least just so could say yes the gel is good.....(and then take the utrogestan and deal with whatever that brought with it which i fear will be horrid fatigue again). Just said to my hubby....i feel like tapering off this gel now.....stopping altogether and see how i feel. I am fed up. Was.also thinking that before i do this maybe go get a private load of bloods done.see whats what and.where estrogen levels.are etc as no clue. Was thinking this may help at least paint a picture? My gp is great but been hard getting an appt with her.of late and will drag on. x

Ps....my hair was shedding awfully before hrt iwas low in zinc. Hair seemed to settle now on hrt seems.shedding ....after washing and brushing. In my heart i know somethings amiss and has been a good few years but i tried the natural way...but couldnt seem to get myself to how i felt i should and was.deserving of feeling...hence the hrt. I hoped estrogen is..was..the missing link. I know its a journey....but feels hard.and scary and i feel been all for nothing at the moment.x
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:18:32 PM by Jmargaret »

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 09:52:35 PM »

If you have pmt symptoms why not start utro now? If your bleed starts then stop even if you haven't got to 12 days.

juliemargaret

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 11:04:48 PM »

Hi sheila... well i was waiting for my period is all. I know unpredictable but hoping comes soon. Tbh dont know arse from elbow anymore. My body and rhythms arent my own!!!!  :-\

bear

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 12:11:27 AM »

Hi again Jmargaret,

Hopefully your PMT symptoms mean that your period is coming soon. Fingers crossed for you!

BeaR.

juliemargaret

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 08:15:51 AM »

Thank you bear....i hope so too.! If nothing by 15th ill just start and add the P and give it a go....unless decide to stop altogether before! Wondered of i may have too much estrogen and not enoigh P to balance stuff out hence me not exactly feeling great. Xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 12:16:10 PM »

Start with the Utro on the 15th Jmargaret - and stop worrying...it's not helping!  :)  Don't go any longer without the utro otherwise you will just worry more.  Bear is right if you are peri who knows when your next natural period will be?
In meno our body and rhythms are not our own that's why it is so awful but it is something which will happen and all we can do is set up some kind of system that allows us to control it and a gel/utro cycle does that.

The thing is, its all about balance. yes estrogen is supposed to be the "feel good" hormone but it cant fix everything on it's own.  Yes Progesterone does get "bad press" on the forum for some of us but even if it causes some problems, it has a job to do together with the oestrogen.  The third thing is testosterone and bodies need it.  It has now become more acknowledged that it can be the "missing" hormone in the HRT regime but you wont be able to get it unless your oestrogen and progesterone are working well on a balance basis.  So I would say "get on with it honey"  ;)  The longer you mess around with no clear picture the longer the period of uncertainty.  Get 3 months over with on a "regular" cycle dose of both and then the mist might clear a bit.  You will never know what the "right levels" are for you until you do.

There is nothing to be scared off...just take the bull by the horns and let us know how you get on. We can advise as you go but you need to find out what happens in the 3 months of a regular gel/utro cycle.  Much love. xx

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 12:46:51 PM »

Good advice Ladybt xx

juliemargaret

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 08:40:52 AM »

Hi Ladybt28 - thanks so much for your response. I read it and took on board all you have said. And yes im.going to statt the utro on the 15th - I have to as need to move forwards with this as you said (take bull by horns etc). Sorry for late reply - had a few days off the forum as i needed a break from it all (the thinking about hrt etc and not you lovely lot!).

I am absolutely so tired and have had a lingering left side eye pain/headache most mornings on waking (dull but there in the background). Woke this morn again and did my usual duties and all I want to do now is go back to bed. Im just so sleepy its NOT normal.  Was going to the gym as I do often and as  planned but still sitting here and fighting sleep. Somethings off for sure. X
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:51:00 AM by Jmargaret »

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 09:53:41 AM »

Hi jmargaret

As has been said - you could be waiting for months for a natural period .....the usual advice when you start cyclical HRT is - as soon as you start the cycle on oestrogen only - that counts as Day 1 and then on Day 15 of a 28 day cycle (not the 15th of the month) you start the prog to reset the cycle. If you are peri then you may bleed at the wrong time but if periods are few and far between the bleeds should mostly come towards the end of the prog phase or just after you stop and the return to oestrogen only.

Women who are late peri or post-meno do sometimes stretch the cycle and take the utro monthly as Ladybt - so it means you only have 12 bleeds per year instead of 13 and it's easier to remember the date. Some of us stretch it even more (with doc's approval) so we take prog less often again eg have a 5 week cycle or more instead of the 28 days or calendar month.

Therefore I would say no reason not to start it straight away and get your cycre going...

I am puzzled by your exhaustion though -  this would not be a usual reaction to oestrogen only (could be another reason?) - but if you are peri maybe you have ovulated anyway and progesterone is being produced - who knows? You can only try different regimes ( for a decent l4ength of time) and hope that you find something that makes you feel better overall than before...

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

juliemargaret

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »

Hi Hurdity..was also hoping you would join the other lovely ladies with some advice. Thank you.

Ohhh i feel so lost. Sound dramatic i know. And yes, I too thought the gel.only days would be my golden ticket to the willy wonka place of what hrt has to offer (all the good feelings and stuff!!). I feel the same.sort of waking and overwhelment and no motivation I felt pre hrt nearly 5 months ago and my reasons for sourcing it! All my bloods prior were ok apart from low zinc which we supposedly got back up to ok levels after some supplements.

I was.waiting for day 15 to make it easier to coubt to be honest (well originally was adamant my natural bleed would come by the 1st but as previous posts - nowt yet)

So yes....feel lost and a bit scared as i dont feel myself. I mean im ok yeah but this non improvment is worrying me. I managed to get a gp appt this morning for 2.weeks time. I need to fill her in (and as fab as she is im not sure she will be as clued up as i hope neither). Was looking to go private for support but no appts until nov and dec. I feel i need a whole load of bloods taken for everything and also including to see where my estro and P levels ar eif this is evem possible as i feel i need a picture at least. Is there anywhere i can go for this, like a womans MOT?

Sorry i started. Is there  anyway im just missing the progestetone? Is there only so long out bodies like to be on gel alone for - ie - more estrogen before it wants or needs prog to get a balance? Im praying this is all it is and i need prog.x
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:24:00 AM by Jmargaret »

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »

Good post stellajane...

Hang in there jmargaret - it will get better :)

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2 3