Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Constant hunger  (Read 1381 times)

Lucyjo

Constant hunger
« on: September 05, 2019, 07:33:59 AM »

Morning ladies,
Does anyone else find that they are always hungry?
I could eat all the time - don't seem to care that I am getting fatter - then get really depressed at night when I think about the amount I have shovelled in through out the day! I then think I'll do better tomorrow but it never happens. How do I get some will power & interest in my appearance back. Not all menopausal women can be like this x

Jellyb

Re: Constant hunger
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 08:25:36 AM »

Hi Lucyjo
I find that if i exercise in the morning, it influences the choices I make with regard to what food i eat during the day.  So, yes, I might still want to eat all day, but I might eat something a bit healthier than I would otherwise have done.
That's not to say that I could quite easily chomp through a packet of biscuits and a bar of chocolate every half hour!

Charliegirl@

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »

This is possible due to low blood sugar. I used to get it all the time before my periods. Lightheadedness feelings of nausea if you dont eat, and wobbly legs also.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 06:18:21 PM »

Hello Lucyjo

I also experience times when I am extremely hungry whilst at other times I'm not particularly interested in food. I attribute this to fluctuating hormones and don't worry about it as my weight remains stable.

Another diet option for you is a whole foods plant based eating regime.  I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say there is plenty of information online if you want to learn more.

Wishing you well.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 08:02:32 PM »

I've been hungry a lot this week, could be Autumn coming on 4 me.  I react badly to the changing seasons.  Bananas, dried fruits and nuts, pancakes .......... lots of veg. in my evening meal with added ginger and garlic.  Right now I fancy garlic bread  ::) !

Eating every 3 hours can ease symptoms - that is even in the night if you wake.