Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cramp...  (Read 606 times)

JCH187

Cramp...
« on: September 04, 2019, 09:06:34 AM »

I'm 3 months in on my Femoston 2/10 and am starting to finally feel more like my old self but I am getting the most horrendous cramp in my feet at night, I take Magnesium at night and this does help but it's still there and has my hopping around the bedroom most nights! I'm normally a runner and avid walker but a foot injury means I haven't been able to do either for over a month now, I think the cramp started before the injury so not sure it's connected.

I eat a banana most days and I know this can also help but has anyone found a magic cure for the cramps? I'm well hydrated too.

Thanks  :)

Tc

Re: Cramp...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 10:55:03 AM »

Jch. Have you had a blood test? 
The potassium in bananas may help. My wife used to eat them for that reason. She also used to swear by Indian tonic water which contains quinine.
Xx

JCH187

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 11:34:31 AM »

No not had a blood test.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 08:37:43 PM »

EAT MORE SALT!  lack of it causes cramps. 

JCH187

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 02:11:51 PM »

Salt contributes to high blood pressure..

Tc

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 04:04:49 PM »

JC.

Do you have IBS or any tummy troubles. Diharea and vomiting can lower pottasium.
Also PPI's like omprazole can do the same.
Sweating can lower pottasium too.

Sodium can increase blood pressure but pottasium counteracts this. They work together so it's about balance.

I personally wouldnt take a supplement unless I had a blood test first but I think it's pretty widely agreed that those of us on a,western diet may not  get enough pottasium in relation to salt.

You might find this article helpful. There are lots of other foods which are pottasium rich besides bananas.

I should point out that the article says people with kidney issues or who take drugs which affect kidney function may have to be careful not to consume too much pottasium.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-potassium-per-day#section6

Hope this helps. X