Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Throat and chest tightness  (Read 3821 times)

Belle67

• First Flush
Throat and chest tightness
« on: August 31, 2019, 08:13:15 AM »

Hi , has anyone experienced throat and chest tightness ? Started suddenly like a lump in the throat and chest felt heavy , doc gave me antacids , but my chest was feeling worse , ended up at a n e , having bloods , ecg and chest xray to rule out angina / heart attack  , all come bk clear thank goodness , thyroid was also tested that's fine so still a mystery , joints ache like mad im 52 and post meno  :-\

Gracie65

Re: Throat and chest tightness
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 11:54:09 AM »

I would say whenever I have felt like that it has been anxiety, even when I haven't thought I was particularly anxious. The lump in my throat made me want to swallow constantly and I had to suck on sweets to take my mind off it I remember but it did pass eventually. sorry I can't add anymore to it x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 12:55:52 PM »

Hello Belle67 and welcome to the forum.

Co incidentally my neighbour has had something similar. She said she thought the pain in her chest was indigestion and after a week of putting up with it she ended up in A and E. She has been prescribed Omeprazole  which is a proton pump inhibitor and told to see her GP in two weeks time. She is 54 and post menopausal and is wondering if she has an ulcer or gastritis. She expects to learn more when she sees her doctor. 

One helpful thing I learned was  that PPIs work quickly so if you get the right medicine you will feel relief within a few days.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I thought my friend's story was similar to yours and if I find out anything relevant I'll pass it on.

Take care.

K.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 05:34:37 PM »

Hi belle,yes,I've been there,had chest X-ray done nothing showed,mine was down to anxiety,as Gracie said,sometimes you don't actually think you're that anxious but it takes all shapes and my chest was so tight and up into my throat,needless to say,once I'd had all the tests and they were clear my symptoms eased,welcome to the menopause 😏

Jari

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 05:37:08 PM »

Hi Belle and welcome.

It sounds like anxiety to me. I had similar years ago. Mine was due to stress. Is there anything you might be stressed about at the moment? X

Belle67

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »

Thankyou all for your replies , i do have everyday stresses as everyone does , ive had anxiety in the past but nothing like this, it's very scary i will see how it goes it feels like something is in throat and chest all the time 🙄😏xx

flyingsquirrel

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »

Yes!  I've had those as physical anxiety symptoms.  Birth control helped that significantly, but it started coming back on the prior to the current pack.  Hormones are fun, aren't they?  I'd say there's definitely a connection to physical anxiety symptoms and hormones.  It's finding the right combo of HRT that's hard.  I still can't get rid of my mental anxiety/depression.  :(