Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just at the end of everything, hrt doesn't seem to have any effect  (Read 3742 times)

Ladybt28

Re: Just at the end of everything, hrt doesn't seem to have any effect
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 02:21:02 PM »

urr...I bet he's gone "to find himself" or "he needs space" - usual head burying stuff Birdy ::) oh and don't get some of us started about doctors!  >:(  its more than incredibly sad SharonJ it's a downright disgrace!  Did you know (it was posted here on the forum in another "useless doctors discussion" that menopause is not part of the core syllabus for doctors training its an add on and they have to ask to do it!!!! :-X - outrageous.
How old are your children Sharon?

kayellvee

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 02:33:59 PM »

So sorry about your husband Sharon, no wonder you're stressed.  I hope things settle down for you soon.

Ladybt28

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 02:45:36 PM »

Birdy, Birdy, Birdy - no wonder you have terrible wind and a facial tick  ;) ;D ;D ;D calm down dear!!!...…..but you have every right to be pissed off hun  >:( and so you should be...I've been spitting feathers in the past.  I think its such a shame that we are all flung to the four winds on the forum otherwise we could get up a posse and just go round to each unhelpful surgery and act as advocate for the poor women who is being fobbed off at the time!  What surprises me most is that women GP's and women nurses seem to the worst culprits when they really ought to know better and whats wors some of the one's who come out with the stupidest suggestions and comments are menopausal age!

Sharon J

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 03:04:06 PM »

Birdy, Ladybt28

Your last to post's have put a smile on my face, to the point that I've lol for the first time I days , I don't feel like such a mad isolated :meauh: right now, as your actually saying what I'm thinking and  feeling  :) >:( :'( :) :o ::)

Sharon J

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2019, 03:08:07 PM »

Has your AWOL husband been in touch? X
  AWOL   yes he bloody is AWOL  ;D ;D

Ladybt28

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 04:55:13 PM »

I think that's the thing though Sharon, we are able to put on the forum all the things we have in our heads because we are among a lot of like minded people who really understand because of their experiences and once you write it down and discuss it then you can start to form an idea or a picture or a plan.  When you are face to face with people there is no time to think and analyse. We start out isolated but the forum stops that which is why I love it and its been a lifeline to me.  I have put things on here that I have never told a soul, which over 57 year is a lot of stuff!!! :stupid:

See if you can get your meno nurse done under the Trades Description Act (meno nurse ha!) or maybe report her to the police for a hate crime or discrimination against the vulnerable  ;D radical, but it might get some actual action  :argue: ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:57:08 PM by Ladybt28 »

Sharon J

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2019, 11:39:56 AM »

Afternoon how are we all?
Meno nurse..... What's that!?  ;D ;D........ Great idea though  ;D ;D
Been for a heart scan today, been waiting a while for it, just to check out the palpertations, tightness. Actually bloody awful this morning sweating, tingling in hands, panicking etc. When doc asked what I was having heart checked for we were chatting and guess what poor bugger having all the same symptoms and been off work herself due to major anxiety attacks age 41.   So many people suffering with this peri / meno shit 
>:(

I ended up giving her  councilling session  ;D as not to leave it and push to get some real help x
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:49:20 AM by Sharon J »

kayellvee

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »

That's a very interesting idea for a business Birdy and I think it's worth investigating. 

Personally, due to my struggles with agoraphobia, I wish more therapists - including stuff like massage, reflexology, acupuncture etc as well as more traditional talking-based therapists, offered home visits.   Also wish that you could request a doctor's home visit if absolutely necessary.  I don't like being like this and I would prefer to go out if I could but when it's this hard, it would be nice to be able to have someone come here, rather than making a stressful time even more so.  Of course, someone coming to the house, especially a stranger, can also cause stress for some people but it would be nice to have the option.  ETA: Just googled "mobile therapist" and got beauty therapists.  Which some people would probably like a lot but I kind of fancied a massage or reflexology just to see if it helps a bit with the tension more than anything else and there's no-one within my travelling comfort zone right now.

Sharon, sorry you felt so rough this morning, sounds just like me!  Hope the scan went OK.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:57:36 PM by kayellvee »

Sharon J

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2019, 01:36:58 PM »

Yes very interesting, what a great idea go for it Birdy it's obviously so needed by a lot of people.

Meno nurse sounds like a real cow, should have said Miss Trunchbull on name badge  ;D....... Seriously does make my blood boil though people on a caring role, well just not caring.

Kayellvee  if  a supermarket or cinema can have a quieter time for people with autism or dementia, why can't the GP surgery be more accommodating for  people like yourself with agrophobia, makes me so mad.... There's got to be healthcare professionals /therapists  out there that are available for home visits. I suppose it all depends on what part of the country you live in.
Ref the scan they don't give you any details of scan or ECG have to see GP....... Useless!      Tension headache due to everything so going for a power nap x

Sharon J

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »

Can't sleep/nap ...... Can't carry-on like this.... I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I SLEPT A WHOLE NIGHT.  The 3am /4am wide awakes are taking there toll. Running on empty, exhausted  :beat:    I can't see this ever getting any better is this my life now it feels over. :'( :'(  Skin looks so dehydrated on legs and arms I've got old lady skin at 48...... Through me out with the rubbish!  :-\     spoke to pharmacy and I can buy something over the counter that will be OK with other medicines hope it knocks me out 😴
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 03:10:09 PM by Sharon J »

squeaker99

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 07:56:22 AM »

Hi Sharon J. I could have written your post myself. We are the same age I think and I have been in Peri for 3 ish years. Having a terrible time with anxiety and sleep like you. One feeds off the other. It is so hard to think calmly and rationally at 3am when your cortisol is flying round. Nothing seems to help and everything seems desperate. 6:30am comes, kids up and another dreaded day looms. I have some sleeping pills from the doc that I took for a week last year to break the cycle but I used some last week and don't want to come dependent. But sleep seems so illusive - I get 3-4 hours on a 'good' night in the last week. My brain just says ' you need to sleep' and the fear kicks in.

I have been on Sertraline for 3 days but feel more wired and have a bad stomach to boot.  I think I'll stick with the Sertraline. I just want to get some perspective. Like you I remember sleepless nights with kids and as a student but I never worried / paniced about them - I just got on with it.  Had no idea Peri would be so truely terrible in terms of quality of life. 

kayellvee

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 09:09:09 AM »

Kayellvee  if  a supermarket or cinema can have a quieter time for people with autism or dementia, why can't the GP surgery be more accommodating for  people like yourself with agrophobia, makes me so mad.... There's got to be healthcare professionals /therapists  out there that are available for home visits. I suppose it all depends on what part of the country you live in.
Ref the scan they don't give you any details of scan or ECG have to see GP....... Useless!      Tension headache due to everything so going for a power nap x

I know!  I checked our surgery's info on home visits and you basically either have to be terminally ill or disabled and housebound  ::)

Sorry you didn't get scan details - hope you enjoyed your nap.

Sharon J

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 09:55:44 AM »

Hi Sharon J. I could have written your post myself. We are the same age I think and I have been in Peri for 3 ish years. Having a terrible time with anxiety and sleep like you. One feeds off the other. It is so hard to think calmly and rationally at 3am when your cortisol is flying round. Nothing seems to help and everything seems desperate. 6:30am comes, kids up and another dreaded day looms. I have some sleeping pills from the doc that I took for a week last year to break the cycle but I used some last week and don't want to come dependent. But sleep seems so illusive - I get 3-4 hours on a 'good' night in the last week. My brain just says ' you need to sleep' and the fear kicks in.

I have been on Sertraline for 3 days but feel more wired and have a bad stomach to boot.  I think I'll stick with the Sertraline. I just want to get some perspective. Like you I remember sleepless nights with kids and as a student but I never worried / paniced about them - I just got on with it.  Had no idea Peri would be so truely terrible in terms of quality of life.
  Hi Squeaker99
   Oh bless you it's so shitty isn't it, quality of life is on its backside like everything else right now .    Managed to get about 2 hours sleep last night but been as sick as a dog when I got up with a migraine.  I used to get really bad ones at the end of each period and once I'd been suck the pressure inside my head would ease.    But I think this is all the stress of hubby leaving last weekend.   A good description I read somewhere on here, it's like a hamster running on a wheel constantly, that's how my mind is  :stupid:
Alot of medications do upset your tummy and you have to give it time for side effects to pass its not easy though.   A few people have suggested magnesium so I'm going to get some. Rang the GP and they've never even tested for that, what the hell they do test I've no idea arrgggh  :foryou:

Sharon J

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 09:59:52 AM »

I know!  I checked our surgery's info on home visits and you basically either have to be terminally ill or disabled and housebound  ::)

Sorry you didn't get scan details - hope you enjoyed your nap.
        :thankyou: just seen in your other feed you got a doctors appointment  :congrats:

kayellvee

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 10:12:31 AM »

:thankyou:
Pages: 1 [2]