Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Need Help re Sequi Patches  (Read 780 times)

Rosebush

Need Help re Sequi Patches
« on: August 16, 2019, 09:24:25 AM »

Hi Ladies,

Due to lack of Evorel HRT Conti patches in stock around UK at the moment, I have just spoken to a Pharmacy who have Evorel Sequi in stock, she said the box contains 4 Estrogen patches and 4 Progesterone patches, I didn't know Prog came in patch form, is anyone using Sequi that could advise how you use the 2 patches together, although this lady was very nice I am not sure she understood the medication?? and to change my script I will need to explain to my GP exactly what I want, as sady his knowledge is very limited. xx

Dotty

Re: Need Help re Sequi Patches
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »

Hi the sequi packs contain 4 patches that are oestrogen only and 4 patches that are oestrogen and progesterone (Evorel Conti) , so there will be 4 patches that are the same as the ones you are already using. 

I believe that you will be charged 2 prescription charges for each pack. x

Rosebush

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 10:00:36 AM »

Hi Dotty having read the usage instructions online they say.. use 1 patch of Estro for 14days then a combined 1 for 14days, so just 2 patches per month, do I have this right? also worried if the 2 weeks of Estro only will give me a bleed, my last period was 16yrs ago  :'(  x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 10:05:30 AM »

Just use the Conti patches as you are doing now . It's a bit of a waste but it's one way of doing it. But I think you'll find that these patches are out of stock too x

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 10:16:24 AM »

Just use the Conti patches as you are doing now . It's a bit of a waste but it's one way of doing it. But I think you'll find that these patches are out of stock too x
Just using the Conti patches from a Sequi prescription would surely cause a supply problem because the GP practice would expect the prescription to last longer and may refuse to supply a repeat when needed?

Sammas

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 10:34:16 AM »

Hi I take them Use the 4 Estro patches first over 14 days, then do the same for the estro/ Prost and repeat this sequence x

vickypk

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 10:48:39 AM »

Hi Rosebush
It's not ideal but if that is all you can get for now, maybe best to have something.
Have you phoned Janssen, the manufacturers, they were helpful to me and my pharmacist sorted it out, I use evorel conti.
I can't believe we gotta to do all this. Hope you get it sorted. X

Rosebush

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »

Ladies I got my 24 patches :) my 15th phone call was to pharmacy 30mins drive away, they had 16 but were due an order today that had still not arrived, hubby bless him knew the area better than me so he went along there, and was told their order had just been delivered and if he would sit for 10mins they would fill my prescription, they explained to him they were still getting HRT in but orders were taking much longer, I am  so relieved :'( just so unfair we have to go through this !!!!

I really don't think my GP would have given me a larger script for sequi to just use the conti patch, he did give me this script 3 weeks early having explained to receptionist the HRT shortage problem, i think i would have been pushed into the tablet/gel route which at my age i didn't want to do..hope this horrible problem ladies gets sorted soon.. :-*

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 01:02:44 PM »

Ladies I got my 24 patches :) my 15th phone call was to pharmacy 30mins drive away, they had 16 but were due an order today that had still not arrived, hubby bless him knew the area better than me so he went along there, and was told their order had just been delivered and if he would sit for 10mins they would fill my prescription, they explained to him they were still getting HRT in but orders were taking much longer, I am  so relieved :'( just so unfair we have to go through this !!!!

I really don't think my GP would have given me a larger script for sequi to just use the conti patch, he did give me this script 3 weeks early having explained to receptionist the HRT shortage problem, i think i would have been pushed into the tablet/gel route which at my age i didn't want to do..hope this horrible problem ladies gets sorted soon.. :-*
A pharmacy near me owes me 8 patches. I got 16 from them a month ago and they still haven't got any more stock. Glad you have managed to get some.

vickypk

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 01:30:02 PM »

So glad to hear you got your patches okay.
I don't want to do the gel/utrogestan route either, I tried it before the patches and I didn't get on with that at all.

Rosebush

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 08:33:23 PM »

Vicky I still do not know why the shortage of HRT patches is happening???? just hope the problem sorts itself soon!!! x

vickypk

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 10:09:00 AM »

Hi Rosebush
Thats right I still don't know why the shortage. I'm okay for a few months with supplies , hopefully all resolved soon. There's not that much choice  with the patches anyway with the combined HRT.  I didn't want to take tablets. Hope you have a nice weekend x