Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone use Ovestin in the initial loading dose phase (nightly) for more than 3wk  (Read 4835 times)

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!

Hi.

I have just done three weeks of Ovestin, inserting it at bedtime. The Gp had originally suggested only 2 wks initially then go onto twice a week. However, at the end of the 2nd week I was still in a lot of discomfort so continued it for another week every night.
However, Im still very uncomfortable. Peeing like a horse, swollen and irritated at the entrance to my vagina and almost unable to sit on any chair for any length of time.
Just wondering if any of you strayed far off the advised 2 wk loading dose and if so how long did you extend it for?
Thanks everyone.
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Are you inserting it with the applicator?  Sometimes I put some round the whole area to keep it moist and supple.  Have you taken a pain relief, that sometimes eases the need to pee as it relaxes the spincter. 

Have you read the various threads about bladder issues and vaginal atrophy.

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!

Hiya,
Yes, using the applicator and rubbing any leftover into the external skin. I had just hoped that after 3wks I would be feeling some ongoing relief by now. 😔 Have been trying to find the answers Im looking for yes, but not found them as yet.

X
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:59:27 PM by sprocket »

CLKD

You should have had some relief.  Are the symptoms the same as why you began the treatment?

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!

Yes. Same urinary frequency, same vaginal swelling, dryness and discomfort when sitting. Im getting through Yes VM at a rate of knots as its an absolute daytime necessity. I just need to know if theres any point or safety concerns by extending the loading dose more than 3 wks.
Im going to try and get another GP appointment tomorrow as I cant find any information or research on this online. It just isnt reported on enough.
Thanks for your replies. X

Joaniepat

Yes. Same urinary frequency, same vaginal swelling, dryness and discomfort when sitting. Im getting through Yes VM at a rate of knots as its an absolute daytime necessity. I just need to know if theres any point or safety concerns by extending the loading dose more than 3 wks.
Im going to try and get another GP appointment tomorrow as I cant find any information or research on this online. It just isnt reported on enough.
Thanks for your replies. X
There are quite a few women on here using Vagifem daily, but I don't know about Ovestin. A good resource is the Vaginal Atrophy Facebook group, run by Jane Lewis (Maryjane on this forum). Lots of support there.

JP x

CLKD

What underwear do you use daily?  Tongs may well dry out the area ;-). Granny had the right idea, Big Pants  :D

Give us an update!

Dierdre

Use the applicator amount inside and also use a good pea sized amount all around the labia and entrance. YES VM made me dry and sore, it's not for everyone and could be why you're not seeing an improvement, I now use YES WB 5ml applications as these dont have the preservative in that causes my irritation. Dont use at the same time as the Ovestin as it will dilute. I'd use Ovestin everynight for another week without the YES VM  then if still no improvement at all ask to try Vagifem and use Ovestin outside aswel.

CLKD

Good advice Both  :thankyou:

suzysunday

It took me ages to get my VA and bladder issues under control after having to come off hrt for 3 months.  I use ovestin and after the initial 2 week load I used it 3/4 times a week for a couple of months but still had horrible bladder pressure and frequent peeing.  It makes you so depressed.  My GP then said use every night for a month then alternate nights. I use Boots vaginal moisturizer the other nights.  Slowly things improved over about 8 months.  I don't use any other hrt just ovestin.  It's a tough battle.

Salad

Think you can extend daily dosing but might be worth checking with your GP.
My Consultant has just prescribed Estriol cream once daily for 6 weeks  :)

Whatsupwiththis

My GP has told me Vagifem EVERY NIGHT and cream every night (outer) so should be safe but like the awesome ladies on this site have said listen to your GP. 

CLKD

GPs however may suggest keeping to the prescription  ::)

Whatsupwiththis

Yes CLKD tis true. 

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!

Hi guys,

I spoke to one of the male Gp's at my practice during a phone consult. He said to continue with it for another week until I see the female Gp who luckily Id booked an appointment with in advance. Just shows how some male Gps arent too hot on “ womeny things “, even now!! Sigh.

X
Pages: [1] 2