Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Unused sanitary products  (Read 1355 times)

sadielouise78

Unused sanitary products
« on: August 11, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »

Hi. I've been having a big clear out this afternoon and I've got loads of used and separately sealed tampax that I have no need for. Does anyone know if they can be donated to food banks or charities? It seems such a waste to throw them away.

sadielouise78

Re: Unused sanitary products
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 08:06:12 PM »

Do you mean in a sealed box? Some are and others are in the individual sealed packets only.

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »

Hi. I've been having a big clear out this afternoon and I've got loads of used and separately sealed tampax that I have no need for. Does anyone know if they can be donated to food banks or charities? It seems such a waste to throw them away.
  You could possibly offer them on your local freecycle if they are individually wrapped/ sealed.

Kay1963

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 08:52:06 PM »

Try having a look on Google for the charity 'period poverty'. You may be able to donate unused products through them. Hope this helps, Kay.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 09:04:38 PM »

Take them to your local food bank.  I do.  All gratefully received.  They put the products onto the table for people to pick up ............ they will let you know if they are not suitable. 

NinaH

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:40:57 PM »

I just asked my daughter, my friends etc. I also left some in my work toilet. Got rid easily

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 12:15:36 AM »

Offer them on free cycle I have seen them on our local group before.
Mine got given to my teen daughter who started her periods the same year as mine stopped! Although I had to raid her drawer when I got a Mirena fitted a year later and was unprepared for the spotting🙈

AgathaC

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 05:38:26 AM »

I volunteer in a Food Bank. If ST's and Tampons are whole/complete/unopened boxes, then they can properly go into stock for dispensing.
Any half opened packs would go into the rummage bin which people take kind of “at their own risk”, as it were. We put short dated food in there too.
Thank you for thinking of this xx

sadielouise78

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 08:02:34 AM »

Great, thanks everyone. I will look into all these x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 08:14:45 AM »

:thankyou:  AgathaC - our local bank has a long table where unwrapped items are left to be picked up.  There is the worry that things will be sold on, I don't have a problem with that .........