Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post menopause  (Read 1150 times)

Juneo

Post menopause
« on: August 07, 2019, 09:25:38 PM »

Haven't been in for a while had a few personal things going on  :(
Urine infections have started again waiting to see another urologist, I have been using estriol cream vaginally but I am now having the worst flushes I've ever had. I spoke to my go she looked on my notes 18 month's ago it showed i was post menopausal my go has suggested i go on a low dose of hrt just wondering what you think, I'm tired, joints hurt, moody tearful, no energy or drive in all areas my go did check my bloods last week for routine checks and came back normal i do have an interactive thyroid.

Taz2

Re: Post menopause
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 10:24:51 PM »

It sounds as if you have a good GP there and as you have symptoms which are making you feel pretty miserable I would say give HRT a try. It takes around three months before you really know whether the HRT suits you so don't be too impatient if it doesn't work immediately. I started HRT at age 53 due to hot sweats day and night and repeated urine infections. It made such a difference to me.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »

Haven't been in for a while had a few personal things going on  :(
Urine infections have started again waiting to see another urologist, I have been using estriol cream vaginally but I am now having the worst flushes I've ever had. I spoke to my go she looked on my notes 18 month's ago it showed i was post menopausal my go has suggested i go on a low dose of hrt just wondering what you think, I'm tired, joints hurt, moody tearful, no energy or drive in all areas my go did check my bloods last week for routine checks and came back normal i do have an interactive thyroid.
Do you mean underactive thyroid?  It sounds as though you might benefit from HRT. I am using Evorel Conti patches to prevent UTI'S now but there is a severe shortage of supplies of patches in pharmacies at the moment.

Lanzalover

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 07:36:12 AM »

Good morning Juneo

Sounds like HRT may help your symptoms it has definitely helped me.
Make an appointment to discuss your options there is also lots of helpful advice on here.

Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Lanzalover x