Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eyebrows  (Read 2421 times)

Roobee

Eyebrows
« on: August 07, 2019, 11:45:02 AM »

Does anyone else lose eyebrow hair?  Mine are virtually non existent, they grow and fall out ☹️
Have had my thyroid checked 3 times and it's not that, I know this is a very common thing with thyroid problems.

Roobee

Re: Eyebrows
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 12:19:53 PM »

And that's why I keep asking them to check but they won't do anymore because of the last 3 being normal. I've even paid for a private one myself and that was normal.
Not sure where you go after that! 🙈

Gusgus

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »

I lost mine I think due to over plucking. An 80,s girl when it was the thinner the better. Now perimenopause they just grew white😳 so I chose to have them tattoo 'd on as I was tired of pencilling them on, only to smear them when I had a hot flush   Â¦ Now I wake up and I don't have to panic getting them drawn on just to pop to the paper shop🤣🤣 drastic, but I felt it was what I needed to feel confident about how I looked.

Colleagues at work use castor oil on there's and I can really see an improvement in the appearance of them. Thicker and healthy looking and extra growth. I didn't try this as had had mine done when I heard of it.
Just an idea that might help you.

Gusgus

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 03:38:29 PM »

No, unfortunately never heard of them. I am however a fan of gusgus the mouse, from Disney Cinderella. Since a small child and never stopped being a fan... 😉

Gusgus

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »

I'll have to Google them birdy😅

Roobee

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 06:25:54 PM »

Birdy, all 3 tests virtually smack bang in the middle of normal range. Last one had lowered slightly but still well within normal

Roobee

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 07:13:21 PM »

Defo lose hair, not in patches but when I wash and brush it strands come out.  Not noticeable. It's limp and dull looking too. Another reason I went to doc in the first place along with the eyebrows. He says meno related and will not test for thyroid again.

Roobee

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 07:46:27 PM »

What's high t?
I paid for my own meno hormone test which I don't understand. At the first blood test I had everything checked, everything normal, that was a year ago now.
No I'm not on HRT.

My private test results were this
FSH 52.6 IU/L
LH 50.9 IU/ L
Oestradiol 370 pmol/L

Roobee

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 10:29:41 PM »

So I need another test 😂 great wish me luck getting that

juliemargaret

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 07:30:39 AM »

I also had tbinning hair and btows pre hrt....i was low on zinc! Even after 3 months of supplments off doc...another test confirmed still low....so more zinc and it then levelled. May be worth asking for a zinc blood test - iron too as birdy said x

Roobee

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 09:30:40 AM »

Thanks Ladies, I will look into all of this and see what my doctors will do if anything.
My already AWFUL anxiety is just made worse by worrying about all of this! ☹️

jaycee

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 09:41:22 AM »

I have eyebrow lost on outer sides, also hair loss, but all thyroid tests come back normal
Also as i have said on various threads on here have had other tests that came back normal, but lost more hair on Evoral Conti,in the last few weeks

Roobee

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 09:45:52 AM »

Jaycee that make me feel better but I'm sorry you have it too ☹️ I do wonder if the 3 tests I've had are correct, it's screams thyroid to me but they won't test again. I've spent my own money on tests and they are all normal too.
It stresses me out!

jaycee

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 09:17:37 PM »

Roobee, i have had several thyroid tests over the last few years,all came back normal
I am taking all sorts of supplements, Biotin for hair and nail, hair that i still have is growing almost overnight, and nails are the strongest they have been for years
Zinc as that is good for hair. also Vit B12, Omega 3 multi Bs,
My Dr has told me i am a bit short of folic acid, well reading up, i have found out that folic acid is neccessary for hair health,
My ferritin is apparently within range, but low end or high end?
My eyebrows have been sparse for years

Roobee

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 08:16:09 AM »

Thanks Jaycee, maybe I will stock up on some supplements and see if those help
Pages: [1] 2