Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 682 times)

Jacmar

« on: August 06, 2019, 11:04:31 PM »

Hi I am new to the forum.
I am 54 and have been having menopausal symptoms for over 2 years.
Trying to ride it out and not take HRT but past few months symptoms have worsened. Mainly headache and light headed feelings which last for few days at a time. Feel like it's linked to tension or anxiety.
Any one else with similar symptoms?

Taz2

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 11:24:33 PM »

Hi Jacmar. Just wanted to welcome you. I haven't suffered your headache symptoms but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Foxylady

Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 08:56:17 AM »

Hi jacmar, welcome to the forum. I've always suffered from migraines (since childhood) had been pretty stable on contraceptive pill (although had few weeks of cluster headaches & started on propranalol by GP a few years back), after starting HRT I was having migraines one/two days before bleeding, now on a new regime & was initially having headaches & break through bleeds (they were bareable) not now. Four years ago I had two episodes (a week apart) of fainting both in the shower, I have been left with a large unsightly bruise to my lower leg. No further episodes but most likely peri related although my more debilitating symptoms started 3 years ago looking back before that I wasn't keeping good health with odd things going on! Have a read through the forum & website get yourself armed with as much info as you can & make a decision from there re HRT. If you think it's tension/anxiety related this can be a menopausal symptom or you could try alternative therapies, exercise etc to see if that helps. Take care. x