Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Anxiety again  (Read 6969 times)

Karen max

Anxiety again
« on: August 04, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »

Hi folks
Me again , last few days I have been feeling so bad my anxiety is through the roof and heart racing like crazy .
I finished the provera 2 weeks ago and my period has gone 3 days but honestly beginning to think it's linked to provera ( I could be wrong ) but looking something to blame as I've nit had this high anxiety in so long
Anyone else find provera done the same to them ?

Kaz xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety again
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 09:52:59 AM »

Hi!  When does the anxiety strike?  Is it background all the while or cyclical?  Some find keeping a mood/food/syptom diary useful.

Maybe put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?

Karen max

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »

There isn't a pattern for it to appear seems anxiety only hit me when I became post menopause (almost 6 yrs ago) yes I'm on 2 pumps of gel mirning and night when have really helped me from April when I started it , the provera never has agreed with he but I've pushed on with it as it's only 12 days and side effects I can cope with but this anxiety and racing heart drives he crazy , that's first it's been here in months
I'm also on antidepressants whuch I've been on for years
Guess it's just another part of this bloody wonderful journey of the hated menopause 😡

Hopefully as the days goes by I will feel less anxious 😩

Kaz xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 10:17:18 AM »

even knowing what causes my anxiety doesn't help when it hits as it's physical .........

Karen max

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 11:18:59 AM »

Birdy
It stopped 11 days ago , I honestly not blaming the provera on all of the anxiety as the reason I started hrt was for anxiety and it has helped , I'm just wondering can stopping and starting it cause this bloody anxiety, the hrt clinic told me to use the provera every other month for 12 days to to stop lining of womb thicking as I'm waiting on surgery to have prolapse repair and womb removal.
My post menopause send to have brought the anxiety as I never suffered anxiety in my life until around 5 yrs ago
There is definitely no pattern in it as I do keep notes and it's been under control for months now but last night was unreal the minute I hit into bed it started and didn't let up the whole night , I don't feel as bad now but now my tummy is turning over like nervous feeling
Honestly thus menois really getting me down , it's been going on for yrs or I meno from I was 39 and periods stopped when I was 46 I'm now 52 and things are getting worse instead of better !!

Bloody nightmare to say the least

Kaz xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 01:01:39 PM »

Karen - You asked if anyone had that on Provera - I have posted many times that it was the worst thing I have taken on my meno journey. It wasn't just anxiety off the scale I would say it was almost bordering on paranoia. I managed 6 weeks (I was supposed to be taking it continuously) and then there is a post on here called "screaming inside".  The lovely ladies on here told me to stop it so I did and went to utrogestan on a cycle and became so much better.

Birdy - hang on in there, the anxiety will lessen honest. x

Lilyloos

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »

Hello ladies .... am also currently in a cycle of awful anxiety.  Cut down on hrt over last 7 months and had been fine, but then suddenly bang .... feelings of just about to go over the edge into total panic cane from nowhere.  I now feel wired most of the time and have constant hissing in my ears which is a new thing 🤬 Back on 2 pumps of Oestrogel and ready to up the utrogestan to 200mgs from day 15 again.  I'm 59 now and I really believed I was over the worst of it but seems
Not!! Seeing GP tomorrow, maybe I need an SSRI again to cut through this cortisol (if that's what it is).  Hold on tight everyone, these ‘phases' do come and go but appreciate when you're in the middle of them it makes life pretty miserable xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 01:38:26 PM »

An anti-anxiety maybe?   :-\ ......... if anxiety is the problem.

Early morning wakening in the 1990s left me deeply afraid  :'(

Lilyloos

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 02:12:14 PM »

Hi CLKD, i thought SSRIs were for anxiety?  I can't take beta blockers, lower my BP too much, even on 10mgs! Used to be able to tolerate them before menopause but not now 🤷‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 02:13:28 PM »

Some ADs have been found to ease anxiety ....... and are less addictive than anti-anxiety meds might be.  Appropriate medication for the causation though?

Ladybt28

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 03:10:30 PM »

Birdy you are changing from one thing to another, continuous to cycle - its going to upset the apple cart.  Progesterone when taken orally is supposed to help sleep so I don't think it is withdrawal as it seems more women than not can't tolerate it.  It makes them depressed.  The only progesterone withdrawal I get is that I feel better when it stops.  Mind you I only get problems from about day 7 of the cycle when I start to get teary and a bit down but nothing like before.
The anaesthetic will be playing its part and I bet you got wound up before the procedure which wont have helped. x

Karen max

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 08:13:13 PM »

Ladybt

I go to see my GP on 2nd Sep and thankfully I won't have to take provera before then , I phoned asked for callback from GP which hrt clinic told me to do , explained to reception what hrt told me , long story short .. I didn't get the call back but my GP stopped me hrt altogether until I see her on 2nd Sep so after a full screaming match down phone to GP surgery I ended up telling them to keep me on the same hrt hrt clinic has given me , so until I see GP on 2nd il stick with the gel as it's really helping the flushes not doing much for the tears and mood but better than nothing
My GP is clueless regarding hrt but noway was I stopping the bloody thing until Sep, I've waited yrs to get one that helps me , staff nurse at hrt told me on phone " it's easy ask GP to change you to different tab and if any problems get her to phone us "
Haha bloody joke that seems to be a little hard to understand as GP was just so willing to stop it all 😡

Honestly I'm so angry I can't wait until I see her on 2nd Sep p,us I don't understand why hrt clinic discharged me after seeing me once ?
All don't make sense to me but at this mines and time nothing makes sense to my mushy brain

Kaz xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 11:56:40 PM »

Oh Karen - Meno is difficult enough without all the hassle idiot GP's cause on top of it.  Shame that its not until September you go to see your GP you might have calmed down by then. I find it easier to tacke them if I have steam coming out of my ears!  >:(
Its not your brain that's up the left its the stupid system or lack of it!
I'd be phoning the HRT clinic back and going "its easy is it?? - well I have to tell you, it's flaming not...I want a note for my GP to tell them to change the tablet...not flaming stop everything altogether". They need a kick up the backside too to understand that with idiot GP's nothing is easy at all and they are the ones who can help and support you in this, so they should pull their finger out!

Karen max

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »

Ladybt
I honestly am so annoyed at hrt for discharging me so soon , when I asked when I'd been discharged her reply was "because your having surgery soon "
I've already been waiting 4 yrs on this bloody surgery 😡

No il be fine when I go to see GP and my fuse is very short (always has been ) so I'm going ready for attack also want to know why I'd to wait almost 7 weeks to get appointment to see her in first place 😡
I'm nit due to take provera until Sep so hopefully when I see her face to face she can do the simple task of changing the provera for me.
I know it's only 12 days I've to take it but from the 2nd I feel crap then I wait until period arrives which lasted 11 days so really it's like 24-25 days feeling crap as the period isn't light it's heavy abdmy mood drops so bloody low with it

Il keep you posted on how I get on ..

Thank you fir your support

Kaz xx

Roobee

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 07:30:41 PM »

Sounds like high cortisol. You are making cortisol at the wrong times and too much of it. Your symptoms are just like mine.
How's your diet?
Keeping blood sugar stable, avoiding sugar, processed carbs, alcohol, will help. Sorry to repeat the same old advice but basically, try doing anything that soothes you. And if you don't already, get magnesium and take lots of it. It will help relax you and help your hormone balance too. Avoid mag citrate though as it has a laxative effect.
Read, draw, meditate, bathe, go walking, anything. Any kind of exercise will also help lower cortisol levels.
X

Hi Birdy, can i ask which magnesium you recommend, defo need something that doesn't upset tummy. Are there any other side effects when taking it? Thank you x
Pages: [1] 2 3