Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Out of date HRT  (Read 790 times)

paisley

Out of date HRT
« on: July 22, 2019, 07:40:15 AM »

Hi
Anyone used out of date HRT & found it less potent. I am on Zumenon tablets & when I checked the expiration date before using it I thought it was November 2019 but i checked again yesterday & it was November 2018. Didn't have my glasses on the first time & the 8 looked like a 9

Rosie63

Re: Out of date HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 07:50:26 AM »

Hi Paisley. When I was trying to source some HRT that had been discontinued I found some at a pharmacy and they were 3 months out of the date.  The pharmacist was happy to let me have them, although I appreciate there's quite a difference between 3 months and a year.  I'm assuming the pharmacist was aware the HRT was out of date........could you phone them and just check ?

Rosie63 x

paisley

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:14:37 AM »

Thanks Rosie63
I have had the Zumenon tablets since 2016 because I used them previously & just restarted them 1 month ago. I do have a new prescription as well which I started yesterday. Just wondered if being that old they would have lost their potency a bit. But I will ask the pharmacist & thanks for the suggestion. Xx

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 08:54:12 AM »

I wouldn't worry about it. They certainly won't be ‘toxic'. Potency might be slightly down, but I suspect not.
I ignore them on food too- if it looks okay and smells okay ....lol
Living in Egypt for so long sorted out my gut flora many years ago......

paisley

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 09:36:20 AM »

Sgtvhilts
I can definitely see how living in Egypt can sort your gut out. 😂😂I went to Morocco once & had terrible stomach bug🤢🤢

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 08:34:37 PM »

Yep,
The gut rot passed after about 6 weeks...... !!!!!!. Tbh it has really helped me in the long term, until I had gallbladder trouble - but that is another long story......