Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Stomach Issues😞  (Read 1614 times)

Rosie63

Stomach Issues😞
« on: July 09, 2019, 12:16:26 PM »

Hi ladies.  I know I've posted about this before but I really am at a loss.  I've been on Femoston conti for over 3 months and I'm still experiencing a lot of stomach discomfort and pain.  I've tried Colpamin, Buscopan, milk of magnesia, prebiotics, probiotics, FODMAP diet and various other things, including Amitriptyline but nothing seems to help.  I've also had blood tests for any signs of something suspect going on but all came back clear.  I've tried gel and patches too and taken different regimes on a cyclical and continuous basis. I'm fairly sure it's the make up of the HRTs I've tried as I was on Prempak C for many years and although I still had some IBS problems, they weren't constant as they are now and I knew that if I had a bit of discomfort, it would pass within a couple of days.  Another reason I think it's to do with oestrogen is that I also get back ache and discomfort underneath and all these things seem to coincide. I have read about the receptors in the stomach which perhaps could explain some of this. I don't really want to change HRT again because Femoston seems to manage symptoms quite well most of the time but I don't think I can suffer the stomach issues for much longer.

My question is this.....does anyone else suffer with constant stomach discomfort and have you managed to find anything that helps? 

Sorry for the long post ladies but any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

Rosie63 x

Rosie63

Re: Stomach Issues😞
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 12:40:31 PM »

I have tried gel and patches, Rosie, but it seems that once the hormones start building up in my system, the stomach issues kick in.  I think some of it could be wind as my stomach gets very grumbly, especially when I've eaten 🙄

Thanks for taking the time to reply x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »

Ah - that Devil, wind  >:(

Maybe keep a note of what you eat for 7-10 days. That's everything that goes in, drink/solids   .......   after 10 days try altering when you eat to see if that makes a difference.  4 me heartburn begins mid-afternoon and can be troublesome when I get into bed  :-\ so I have to be aware of when I eat and when I take my medication.  Also I find that shop bought cakes increases the likelihood of heartburn - found out by chance  ::).

I get wind at odds times of day.  Doesn't matter whether I exercise/not.  Get slow transit too which doesn't help.

I did have bowel problems prior to each bleed: 10 mins. B4 I would have to dash to the loo NOW even if a period wasn't due.  So your symptoms could well be hormones. 

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 01:39:12 PM »

I am on my 3rd week of Evoral Conti, [patches] and for the first couple of days had to dash to the loo, very often, also found since then it seems to affect my bowels, i know this because i am usually very constipated and would have had to take lactose, or something  before now
I am going to see how i go with it,
Worried about that aspect of it though as my daughter was on Femseven Conti, but since the shortage has also been given EC, but hasn't used them yet as she has another week of Femseven left, and because she is on holiday in France she doesn't want bowel problems
Forgot to say because she has Crohns she can't risk problems while away
Evoral Conti seems to have this effect, reading about others experiences of them
I have been quite windy too

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 03:14:05 PM »

I've had tomatoes today = heart burn  :-\ so maybe consider what you eat that might be acidic?

Rosie63

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 05:40:18 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to reply ladies and for your help and advice 😊

Rosie63 x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 06:00:37 PM »

I did have stomach trouble for 4 yrs, diagnoses ranged from IBS, gastritis, ulcer!, constipation you name it in that region I was diagnosed with it.
I started taking oral HRT in the April, by the May I was vomiting nice green bile🤮- GP = flare up in Gastritis mmmm. At this point I had taken every pill prescription and OTC for guts and nothing worked. I cheekily asked for a gall bladder scan- GP= nah you haven't got gall stones, but okay you can have one........
Scan = not only did I have a few bits I had a bag of huge marbles, fast forward to February this year , I have it out, the surgeon says it was rancid- low and behold ALL my previous symptoms have gone, vanishes overnight.
Not saying you have gallstones, but get it checked.  Also the HRT didn't cause them, Surgeon said that it was a good 25 yrs in the making, but brought it to a head. Surgeon also said a low fat diet these days was regarded as hogwash- it is all genetic- well now there is a surprise.....

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 09:49:37 AM »

Crikey Sgtvhilts - that should have been fast tracked to the approprite consultant.  My Gran vomited bile, she had cancer  :-\.  She was 83 and rarely ill ........

Egg custards cause reflux 4 me.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 10:40:40 AM »

I know ckld - what a bunch of donkey ‘s they are.
Funny, now nothing gives me any  jip , apart from raw onions, but that always has .
No reflux anymore, IBS, gastritis etc etc.
I was thinking about complaining about my surgery- I felt I was shortchanged- no wound infection, no bits left in,  no post op complications, not cancelled, no clots...... LOL.
Last night I was having serious intense heat- instead of thinking oh change hrt , it's not working etc- I got a wet flannel and put it on my thigh, bingo slept all night no sweats- it was dry by morning...
I guess sometimes non medical stuff really does work better.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »

The body heals itself.  Sometimes it requires help.  Back to basics, seems the cold flannel helped.

I have background reflex after chips for lunch.