Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Menopausal Symptoms and Femoston 1/10  (Read 791 times)

Ellie1

Menopausal Symptoms and Femoston 1/10
« on: July 08, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »

Hope someone can advise.  I started on Femoston 1/10 and am now at day 27.  I felt an immense improvement in my health and wellbeing almost immediately and contrary to others I have not experienced and breast tenderness or skin problems.  I have been sleeping better, no restless legs or flushing and the brain fog had gone.  Physically that was until last week around day 21 when I had a bit of a wobble emotionally; feeling washed out, then last night I became anxious, stressed and panicky; experiencing a feeling of impending doom.  Has anyone else felt like this?  It was awful.  Has anyone else experienced such symptoms?   Should I go back to my Dr? or will such symptoms resolve?  Any advise or sharing of symptoms greatly appreciated.

Ellie

NRGEE

Re: Menopausal Symptoms and Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 08:16:32 PM »

I have just started Femoston 1/10
On Thursday I had chest pain and felt unwell. I ended up in A and E with a heart rate of 138.
ECG was ok as were blood tests. Drs diagnosed a panic attack. They said it could not be related to the HRT.
I have only ever had one other panic attack 20 years ago. I am unconvinced that the HRT was not the cause as nothing triggered the panic- I was just sat reading e mails
Sorry to hear you have experienced something similar. I saw my GP on Friday. He too said it is not the HRT.

Sgtvhilts

Re: Menopausal Symptoms and Femoston 1/10
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:11:48 AM »

Panic attacks frequently occur during ‘down' time..... your brain hasn't got the usual million things running around, so it finds something to do....". Because you are feeling better generally it has creeped in.
I would regard myself as a  veteran on anxiety, depression and mental health in general, been living with me for 30 yrs.
I am On Femeston and find, for me it is the best of the bunch, I get a bit twitchy on it, but able to handle it. Mind you I am on a shed load of MH meds which probably keep the gremlins in check.!!!!
No word of wisdom, other than a cost/benefit thing- what are you prepared to put up with v how you feel.
For me it is the night sweats.