Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pms symptoms, grateful for suggestions  (Read 824 times)

Trufflecat

Pms symptoms, grateful for suggestions
« on: July 06, 2019, 08:14:42 PM »

Hi
I've not been on here for ages because my hrt regime (3 squirts oestrogel per day and 100mg vaginal utrogestan 7 days per month) seemed to suit me.... well mostly as the utrogestan was a struggle mood wise. My gp de ided that she'd rather I too took utrogestan 200mg for 10 days per month (even though scans were OK) as I wasn't having bleeds. I'm still not but have been feeling not so great on this new regime over the past 6 months. Last month I started to feel pms-ish whilst taking the utrogestan, stopped after 7 doses and here we are 3 weeks later still feeling bad.

My gp has referred me to a menopause clinic but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on?
I'm 56 by the way and have taken hrt for 5 years to counteract my debilitating pms.
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pms symptoms, grateful for suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 08:15:27 AM »

PMS is the pits.  I was advised by NAPS to eat every 3 hours, 24/7 to keep the body fuelled.  If energy drops off it can cause anxiety and nausea.

How long is the wait for the meno clinic and do make sure that it isn't a gynaecologist but a real live person with menopause knowledge ;-)

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 08:49:35 AM »

Hi if you are post menopause then it's likely that you won't bleed. The post menopause dose of Utrogestan is 100mg every day.

You could try Provera or Notethistetone to see if they suit you better. X

Trufflecat

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »

Hi
Thanks for the replies.
Goodness knows how long the wait for a clinic appointment will be.
I didn't know that the post meno dose is 100mg every day! I could barely get through 7 days of it and 10 days was worse, let alone every day. That really only leaves coming off hrt altogether..... I only started it to help with my appalling pms rather than meno symptoms.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 03:10:58 PM »

Hi Trufflecat

You don't have to come off hrt.  The other progesterones to try are Provera or Norethisterone x

Trufflecat

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 04:04:16 PM »

Thanks Dotty. Norethisterone is out unfortunately because that part of evorel sequi plunged me into depression. I'll look at Provera