Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: I'm done with Utrogestan what alternatives?  (Read 13087 times)

Tc

I'm done with Utrogestan what alternatives?
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:03:41 AM »

Hiya ladies. After another 3 week break from utrogestan(no bleed)  I restarted on Thursday at 200mg. My mood became very depressed very quickly and I've had a headache since, morning nausea and my boobs are so painful and lumpy.

I cant seem to even be able to make it to 7 days  This is not going to work for me.and I've given it a fair go.

I've just found out my C and W appointment isnt til 17th October so I'm going to have to deal with gp in meantime.

My problem is I dont realy know if I'm progesterone intolerant or just utrogestan intolerant. Im wondering if I should try a different progesterone to see whether it is just the utrogestan Ihat  dont get on with before going down the mirena route. (I'm wary of the mirena as if its P intolerance I'm not sure it's a good idea plus, my sister and I both have retroverted uterus and shes had no end of problems with the mirena because of that and had to have it surgically removed so that's put me off a bit)

So an alternative? II've heard all the different names on here like provera. But I dont know what to ask for.

The only other P I've tried was my initial HRT 9 months ago when I used femseven sequi. I didnt seem to have a problem with that but I only took it for 3 months. I also took the contraceptive pill in younger years with no problems.

Any advice/experience greatly appreciated so I can research before my gp appointment on Friday. Thanks.
Xxxx

Dotty

Re: I'm done with Utrogestan what alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:08:09 AM »

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:10:08 AM by Dotty »

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 10:12:15 AM »

And Provera is another alternative x

Lanzalover

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 10:55:42 AM »

Good morning Tc

Sorry to hear about your problems with utrogestan I also couldn't tolerate it.

I now use Provera on a long cycle as I'm in my 60s (don't know how that happened  :o )  and find the longer I take it the fewer if any side effects I get.

There is a thread on here about Provera might be  worth you having a read.

Good luck
Lanzalover x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 11:29:16 AM »

Oh god, I know how you feel.
I lasted 5 days- worst stuff for me. Sent me around the bend.
Norethesterone made me feel very sick
I use Femeston, which has dydrogesteron - top it up with a patch. For me, best thing since sliced bread.

Tc

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 12:39:02 PM »

Thanks for the link dotty.
Thanks lanz. I'm glad you've settled on provera. I've had a look at the thread and link.and done a bit of research this morning.

I think I've narrowed it down.

1. it seems that the closest thing to utrogestan in being more "natural" is in the femeston pill and whilst I would like to try it the doc warned me off it as I'm overweight and smoke.

2. The levenogestrel which I seemed o.k with is only in femseven and mirena so I will discount that at least until I can see the panay clinic in October

This leaves provera or changing patch.

Given that I have to use more than 100 eastrogen patch I cant see how a combined continous patch would  work.

I'm still unsure whether it's best to have a cycle anyway. At least for a couple of years as I'm 54. It would seem more akin to what the ovaries do naturally which taking continous high levels of progesterone doesnt to me and therefore  might be making depression worse.and giving  permenant PMS. Symptoms.

But with sequi patch I  still face the same issue of needing higher than 100 dose of E. (I cant use eastrogel). Maybe I could just add more E only patches but not sure if the P in the patch would be enough to cover that as sequi is already pre balanced E to P n the regime.

So in conclusion unless anyone has any tips on how to get around the patch issue, (please let me know if you do) then it looks like provera is my only option at moment.

Wow. I feel like I've done a days work. I've probably got it all wrong as well. And it must make a very boring read so thanks if you've stuck with it.
Xxx

Ladybt28

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 12:52:29 PM »

Hi TC,
If you can recall racjen's posts, she had to change to Provera and has found it much better for her than Utrogestan and she has had all sorts of problems with hrt for quite some time.  She has had mega mood problems which wouldn't settle - have a look at some of her past posts but I know I saw one recently that said she seemed to be more under control with provera.  I don't think she's fully there yet but a bit better than Utro anyway.  She might be along soon to talk to you or just have a look at some of her previous posts over the last few months.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »

Hi TC
I note you said you are ‘overweight' and smoke.
Well, a little secret (lol) me too. BMI 29 , smoke 10-15. I am quite ‘conservative' about what I tell health care,
BUT in the full knowledge that I am aware of the risks and prepared to acknowledge any consequences of my actions.
I take Femeston and evorel 75 patch.
I am one of those people who very much feels you have to live now, not feeling like 💩💩day after day and existing rather than living and wondering what MIGHT happen .
But that is just me ........

Perinowpost

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 02:12:29 PM »

Sgtvhilts that's the regime I'm trialling. How much/how often femoston do you take?x

Tc

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »

Thanks ladies. I have had a good look at the provera posts.
Sg how long have you been on femeston?

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 08:12:35 PM »

Sgtvhilts that's the regime I'm trialling. How much/how often femoston do you take?x

Hi,
I have taken the 2mgs, but at the moment I am on 1mg (long story) works better for me with the higher dose given via patch. 👍

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 08:15:03 PM »

Thanks ladies. I have had a good look at the provera posts.
Sg how long have you been on femeston?
Hi,
Pretty much since April 2018. A brief, unsuccessful trial of patches with utrogestan, yuck, so back on Femeston pdq 🥳. I was on 1mg, went up to 2 mgs and a very long story but now back to 1mgs (nothing to do with side effects or stuff like that)

Tc

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »

Thanks I wondered as the gynae said to me i could take the pill if I realy wanted but I have to understand the risks. She said if you don't get a clot in the first year you are unlikely to get one after that.
It's something I have to weigh up. There is a history of blood clots in family which i cant do anything about but being overweight and smoking is in my own hands. I could make changes which lower my risk. I've gained a stone since my oopherectomy and it's not even a year!!!
Xx
Xxx

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 08:51:19 PM »

Yep, that's the crucial point- I get the risks and don't get me wrong , if I did have a clot I would be seriously pi**ed off, but I did it in the full knowledge.  For me living life to the full is the most important thing rather than ‘dwelling' on what might or might not happen. Though it is a bit of an overused phrase ‘could be run over by a bus tomorrow'.
As for weight, I am pretty stabely chubby. Although, since i've Started to watch the carbs it has been much better and not put any on recently.....

Tc

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 02:07:32 PM »

I'm bleeding today!!!

I've been on utrogestan for 8 days (at  200. For the first time) After a 3 week break.

I havent had a bleed since my op 9 months ago despite stopping utrogestan  a couple of times.

I took it continuously at 100 til the end of April.

in the last 10 weeks I've used eastrogen patches of 200 then upping to 250 but only 2 week of utrogestan at 100. In the middle of that time.

Should the bleed  concern me because of that.

Sorry I'm panicking a bit. It's just I've messed around and gone so far off piste with my HRT. I'm  worried now.

maybe I've been stupid in going all those weeks without progesterone.

I dont know what to make of it. Why now? And what should I do should I just carry on taking the 200 (,I was trying to make it to 12 days).
It's very light only on the toilet paper at moment. so maybe it's something else but I have got  period pain. And boobs are agony.

Help!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4