Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Boots to close 220 stores across UK  (Read 2483 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Boots to close 220 stores across UK
« on: June 28, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »

Boots officials played down the possibility of cuts when the claims first emerged last month.

But the company has today admitted a closure programme will be implemented over the next 18 months.

And officials from the shopworkers' union Usdaw have hit out at what they see as the latest evidence of the "crisis" affecting Britain's high streets.

National officer Daniel Adams said: “This is clearly very worrying news for the staff in all Boots stores particularly given the company's earlier denials.

"Usdaw will be doing all it can to support members during this difficult time. It is only fair that staff are treated with dignity and respect, which is best achieved by giving them a voice through their trade union.

"We urge the company to engage with Usdaw as the trade union for Boots retail staff to ensure that all avenues to minimise job losses are explored during this critical time."

Katejo

Re: Boots to close 220 stores across UK
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:29:14 PM »

Boots officials played down the possibility of cuts when the claims first emerged last month.

But the company has today admitted a closure programme will be implemented over the next 18 months.

And officials from the shopworkers' union Usdaw have hit out at what they see as the latest evidence of the "crisis" affecting Britain's high streets.

National officer Daniel Adams said: “This is clearly very worrying news for the staff in all Boots stores particularly given the company's earlier denials.

"Usdaw will be doing all it can to support members during this difficult time. It is only fair that staff are treated with dignity and respect, which is best achieved by giving them a voice through their trade union.

"We urge the company to engage with Usdaw as the trade union for Boots retail staff to ensure that all avenues to minimise job losses are explored during this critical time."
I was really surprised to see that the fairly big one at Euston station had closed. Happened very recently.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 12:30:01 PM »

What's happening to our big stores  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »

No surprise there. They've been advertising their online delivery services for prescriptions on TV. They wouldn't do that unless they were expecting you to be unable to get them from your local branch.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 01:39:12 PM »

No surprise there. They've been advertising their online delivery services for prescriptions on TV. They wouldn't do that unless they were expecting you to be unable to get them from your local branch.
I wouldn't want that at all because the delivery would arrive when I was at work. I'd have to  go back to collecting them from the GP's surgery.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 04:09:02 PM »

Is it because they're suffering from sales, I mean, SuperDrug, and Savers are cheaper than boots, and I mostly go there for my stuff, even my make up.
?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 12:44:41 PM »

My son is doing his dispensing assistant qualification with them, he is taking a gap year before university.