Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Just joined - this site's so helpful!  (Read 833 times)

Wobbles

Just joined - this site's so helpful!
« on: June 25, 2019, 07:15:46 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm Wobbles - rather apt username I thought, considering everything. I've spent quite a lot of time lurking here, never joined but now I've taken the plunge. This site has really helped me realise that I'm not round the twist!

I'm 50. 51 later this year and have been on pill form of HRT since Oct 2018 and wow, it's been a ride, unfortunately not a good one. It's so tricky this time of life. It's difficult to tell whether it's the 'Change', just my character or the environment/situation I'm now in. :-\

..... I've just had a thought - it could be all three!! Aargh!!

Anyway nice to be here  :)

Joaniepat

Re: Just joined - this site's so helpful!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:34:54 PM »

Hello Wobbles, welcome to the forum. Love the user name!

Perhaps you could tell us what you're taking and what the problems are, and maybe someone can help. The ladies on here have plenty of collective experience and can give excellent advice.

JP x

Wobbles

Re: Just joined - this site's so helpful!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:11:59 PM »

Thank you JP. That's why I love this site so much.

I started on Elleste Duet 1 mg in October last year due to increasing night sweats waking me up in the early hours. The sweats were just leaving me tired during the day and I felt it was affecting my life. My job was stressful and I wasn't settling into a new project at work very well. It was really strange because I thought HRT would help and it did - sort of. Night sweats was the only symptom I had alongside some wierd adrenaline/ panic surges out of nowhere that would vanish as soon as they arrived and usually not lasting more than a minute. Periods were light and getting further apart with no pain, yay! Also I went through a lovely few weeks of feeling amazing mentally and physically - I really could have shagged anything with a pulse!

As soon as I started HRT I felt significantly worse within two weeks but I carried on taking it. Posters here said it takes a few months to settle in but I started getting symptoms I'd never had before eg, aching like I had flu, stronger and more frequent adrenaline surges, nausea, chest pain that came and went, headaches (with and without aura), acid reflux and the worst thing was heavy, painful periods where I was missing work and no painkiller touched. I self-referred for CBT to help me cope.

I switched to Femoston 1/10mg in January which led to me crying all the time (and at really inappropriate timings at work). Stress from my job led me to resign and start another job where I lasted a week (crying, headaches and feeling like I'd aged 40 years) - think I just had burnout from the previous year's stress.

I'm still on the Femoston, not paid working but doing some voluntary work. I feel I need more estrogen but not so much of the prog bit in the cycle. Night sweats are coming back as well which is a bit pants.

I'm not convinced I'm absorbing tablet form very well and my own hormones may be coming through.I had my gallbladder out a couple of years ago and that does seem to have changed my stomach's ability to absorb meds. I do have days when I feel on top of the world (which I had before HRT), my skin is glowing and I'm up for some loving then it disappears the next day, grrr! I'd love to have that feeling again.

Think I rambled on a bit there - sorry. I don't really have anyone to talk to now I'm not at work and I feel a bit lonely so it's all spilled out too much.
Wobbles x