Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cystitis symptoms  (Read 1080 times)

Kimmibak

• First Flush
Cystitis symptoms
« on: June 25, 2019, 05:49:05 PM »

Hi. I have been on Oestrogel , testosterone and 100mg of utrogestan (take this for 10 days per month) started all this in March after seeing professor studd. Sex drive returned after years of nothing, feeling better generally but the last six weeks I have had burning down below and passing Urine much more frequently. My wee was tested but no infection (which explains why two courses of antibiotics did nothing) also had an ultrasound scan this week on my kidneys and bladder which was all fine. Could it be to do with any of the hormones I am taking? Didn't have this before . I know lack of oestrogen can do this but I am on a higher dose since being on the oestradiol  (3 pumps per day) as previously I was on patches which were lower . Has anyone experienced this it's getting me down now especially as I just got my sex drive back and the burning is so uncomfortable.

Joaniepat

Re: Cystitis symptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 06:15:13 PM »

You appear to have the symptoms of vaginal atrophy. Many women deveop this even if they are on systemic HRT. I suggest you ask your GP for local oestrogen such as Vagifem or Ovestin.

We have many threads on this, and information can also be found on the home page of this site..

JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cystitis symptoms
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 08:42:28 PM »

Why where you prescribed  2 courses of ABs for no evidence of infection  :-\

Do read our threads about vaginal atrophy and do as Joaniepat suggests. Ask for appropriate VA treatment, which is for Life.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry, inside and out.  4 me atrophy felt like razor blades up there  :o