Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: So strangely tired  (Read 1348 times)

juliemargaret

So strangely tired
« on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:47 AM »

Hi all..so...will be 3 weeks tomorrow that I started hrt - 2 pumps estrogel daily and 100mg utrogestan 100mg vag on alternate nights.

Been okay -ish..headaxhes to start and a bit of fatigue but got through. Been sleeping well but vivid dreams..but more so ..just a little after waking ...10am  feel SO tired. Like just want to go back to bed. Dont like this feeling. I planned to go the gym as normal then sat and still sitting.

Will it get better...will my energy and mojo come? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: So strangely tired
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 10:32:00 AM »

Crashing fatigue is common.  Maybe have a look-see at the leaflet in the box of HRT and see if it states tiredness?

Or put the product name into the search box on here to see what pops up?

Anemia springs to mind.

juliemargaret

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 10:40:45 AM »

Hi CLKD..not sure anaemic as all recent bloods are ok. Im.peri so wondered if just a fluctuation or drop in my own cycle.
Its still verybearky days i know...3 weeks..but part of me wants to just stop taking...im a bit overwhelmed as my own cycle was natural ...ie...no pill or nowt for 20rs so i hoped to see the changes through naturally....i do take care of myself...diet exerc.etc....but for a few months felt 'off' - low....flat..unmotivated..weak bladder...tender coccyx bone (linked to low estrodiol so i read)...so i decided to at least give a go...wanted my mojo back as dont think had it a long while! Hair has felt awful too..limp and dull. Im now worried i put too much hope in hrt and shouldve just embraced it as i was...hard isnt it! X
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:46:44 AM by juliemargaret »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 11:05:45 AM »

It is hard but remember, your body hasn't got where it is suddenly so it will take a while to absorb and adjust to HReplacementT.  ;-). 3-4 months initially to begin to see a difference so if you can, stick with it.  Otherwise your body won't know if it's flying a bike or riding a kite ;-))

juliemargaret

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 11:29:54 AM »

Thanks so much CLKD ill do this. I swore id not go down he hrt route and now questioning why i did?  But when i sit and think...i kniw how i felt...and it wasnt good. So! Will keep going and stay as positive as can and just rest when need be !  Many questioned why i was takibg alternate day utrogestan as opposed to sequi as im.peri.meno.....but was told by trusted meno doc to do this regime and not to worry! 
Hope YOU are ok??

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 11:37:30 AM »

I'm fine thus far today  ;)

Remember that treatment is 'replacement' for what your body is no longer making.  Some ladies don't feel the oestrogen drop badly, others really suffer.  For me it was waxing and waning of periods for several years.  As levels drop off the body may become dry: inside and out - I have itchy insteps as well as all over my back.  Intermittently. 

There are lots of symptoms  ::) - hopefully not all at once  :o.  Also, treatment - like when we fancy different food stuffs - can be tried and if they help, stick with them for a few years.  If, like some food stuffs they don't suit ........ after 3-6 months, make the decision to continue or not.

juliemargaret

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 11:42:50 AM »

Lovely words CLKD - thank you...and makes sense. I wpuld thougj love to know if im actually low on oestrogen etc for sure but bloods wont determine...guess we know better! I dk think ive 'suffered' a long few yrs..nt bad bad bit you know when you just know...somethings amiss....?

Lets keep in touch. Keep u posted ! Ofd the gym!!
X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 12:08:29 PM »

Tnx.  Hormone blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 08:01:53 PM »

Hi juliemargaret

Your strange tiredness is almost certainly due to the sedative effects of the Utrogestan. This happens to me every single cycle and there is no way I could take it all the time. Even reducing it from 200 mg to 100 mg (and having to shorten my cycle as a consequence) hasn't made any difference. I just wait for the time that particular course of utro is over, have the bleed and then feel normal again!

As Birdy says - give it a little while and hopefully you will adjust to it, but if not - then do try it cyclically. I sometimes sort of get used to it during the course (the new tired foggy headed me) and then when I stop and have gone through the withdrawal I remember - oh yes - this is what I should feel like - and I remember how unutterably exhausted I was with the Utro. I find it difficult anyway to wake in the mornings but I can barely speak for about 3/4 hour after utro the night before - my husband brings me tea and the first cup goes cold!

Sorry - that's not what you wanted to hear but I'm right in the middle of a cycle now and know exactly how you feel. Had a migraine coming on overnight and this morning too so had to take a migraine pill....

Hope it improves for you but don't give up on the HRT on account of the continuous progesterone!! You will hopefully reap the benefits of the oestrogen!

Hurdity x

juliemargaret

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 09:30:56 PM »

Thanks so much Birdy and Hurdity...so glad you both replied. Ohh i know..early days isnt it...very. i.was thinking that...jist see how i go.....and re evaluate! Was also wondering if the alternate day Utro could be to blame...but realising my overthinking and scrutinising and worrying wont help! Was earlier wondering where i am in my own cycle as at the moment no clue......that was why i felt a bit upset id started ...as i was so in tune with my natural rhythm...i now fear ive messed it up or created havoc..or whatever ha! Also wondering if ive evwn yet had any feel.good days from.the  estrogen...but wont know will i whilst im also taking alternate day Utro?
Also wondered about possinly beong low in Testo...as low libido still...but guess need to take a step at a time eh...sort the est/utro first!  Need to ask dr luisa too why she suggested this regime if possibility i would feel more.tired.on conti
..but know she knows whay shes dojng to wanted to at least try it. She saod to let her know after 4 weeks so maybe end of next week I will. So.glad found this forum xx