Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Air Bubbles and other troubles!  (Read 18326 times)

Waitykaty

Vaginal Air Bubbles and other troubles!
« on: June 12, 2019, 08:48:09 AM »

Hi all,
I'm new and confused!
My periods have been getting nearer and my cycle got down to 24 days from 31.
I'm nearly 50
What I thought was bladder trouble last year turned out to be age related and GP offered Vagifem. It did the trick. Despite redoing the loading dose a few times in the year and now taking it daily it's stopped working. I'm sore! So very sore and I have this sensation that I have air bubbles in my vagina. It's if I need to cross my legs to pop them!
GP suggested Femoston 1/10mg. I'm a bit reluctant as I'm overweight
But I can't stand the burning and the bubbles.
I've tried Balance Active pessaries to no avail.

No other symptoms other than a bit moody, achey and brain foggy but I work  full time, run a busy home and so I thought it was normal for a far middle age woman!

I'd welcome comments and advice

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal Air Bubbles and other troubles!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:12:19 AM »

It may be a sensitivity to the fillers/packaging of 'vagifem'.  Some ladies find that they need 'sylc' or 'yes' products along with VA treatment but at least your GP was on the ball  :).  Some have little or no knowledge of VA at all.

:welcomemm:  browse round.  I use 'ovestin' with success for VA.  We have several threads about VA and bladder problems, do read.  Make notes ;-).

Waitykaty

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:55:46 AM »

Thanks.

I have had a wander about the forum. But when I couldn't find if my air bubble problem was normal I thought I should join.

I'm going to try to research obesity and HRT and the brand I've been offered.

Still have air bubbles  :(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:34:21 AM »

Do you feel dry or moist around the vagina?  Some ladies have bubbles during sex  :o sometimes I feel like I've a blob of urine that pops as well as other sensations. 

Read round!

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:47 AM »

Hi
I suffer from the air bubble feeling! It started years ago when I had a coil but since menopause it has happened again. I have to keep adjusting myself to free it!
No idea what causes it though.

If you're a bit overweight, transdermal oestrogen is the best option with utrogestan vaginally if you need progesterone. Or a mirena coil. You should discuss with your GP

N x

Tc

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 11:30:58 AM »

I have a theory about the bubbles. I see it as a sign it's working. . I read that local eastrogen can "oxygenate" the vagina. In younger years when things were very "juicy" I got the air bubbles but I didnt get them when very dry from VA. I hope were talking about the same thing here, mine isnt like trapped air escaping it's like little wet popping feeling. For me it indicates that I'm not dry

Are you dry and sore around the outside. If so, do you use any vaginal moisturisers for that area.
Also. I thought all my soreness was down to VA. But it turned out I had thrush upon examination. I didnt know as I didnt have the itching otr discharge just the soreness. My womens physio told me not to use the thrush cream but to take the one off tablet.
X

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 12:43:55 PM »

Tnx!

Waitykaty

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »

Thanks for the replies.
Yes, more of an internal popping than passing wind..
I'm not usually sore with sex, I don't need extra lubricant for example.
It's all the time.
Don't think it's thrush and my husband is fine. Might take a thrush treatment just in case.

I've decided to give the Femosten a try for a month or so and take the time to lower my blood pressure and weight with diet and exercise.
I'm carrying on with Vagifem and also a moisturiser.

What I need is a long holiday and then I may be able to tell which bits of me still work

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 01:58:35 PM »

Don't use thrush treatment!!!! it may aggravate an already sensitive area.

Do you have a weight clinic at the Surgery, ours runs both weight loss and stop smoking support.  It took me 14 months to shed nearly 2st and I borrowed a  :scottie: every day  :D

We have a holiday thread ;-)

Tc

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 05:37:55 PM »

As I said my womens physio said not to use the cream for thrush. She doesnt like it for the reasons CLKD said. Even with the one off pill it might be best to see the doc for exam to make sure.  . My vulval area easnt affected that's why I didnt know I had it. It was all internal so only the doc could see it.
X

Foxylady

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »

Well done CKLD with the weight loss, if only it was as easy to lose as it is to put on. I'm hoping to have lost 2 stone by the end of the month, we will see!!