Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Post Endometrial Ablation Pain  (Read 559 times)

sadielouise78

Post Endometrial Ablation Pain
« on: June 11, 2019, 07:23:02 PM »

Hi. I had endometrial ablation done on Friday with everything going well and went home the same day. I've barely had any bleeding since or discharge but have had pain like someone is squeezing my insides around that area. I was prescribed 30/500 cocodamol and 400mg ibuprofen. Up to yesterday I was taking the maximum amount for the day which helped. Yesterday I started to wean myself off them with only needing to take any meds in the afternoon/evening. Today, however, I've only taken meds this evening but the pain is fairly bad tonight. It's a mixture of feeling like I'm being squeezed and bloating. I'm rapidly running out of painkillers now and I'm worried about the pain and bloating. Has anyone else had this problem and can give me some advice please? The meds aren't even hitting the spot tonight  :'(

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Post Endometrial Ablation Pain
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 07:36:59 PM »

Sorry can't help with what you've been through, but just thought I'd post and say , how about a hot water bottle? I used to use one for period pain, and it helped a lot....
Sorry I'm no use, I'm sure someone will be on shortly to offer some advice.
Sorry your in so much pain...xxx

sadielouise78

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:46:54 PM »

Jillydoll you are a help, thank you! I've just sent my OH out for a hot water bottle xx

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 07:48:50 PM »

Hi sadie, I had an ablation many years ago now but I do remember getting period like pain after,it is normal,hence the reason they've given you pretty strong painkillers & an anti inflammatory,if it doesn't subside though,I'd give your surgery a phone

sadielouise78

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 08:02:14 PM »

Thanks Jaypo. Yes I might have to go to the doctors if it doesn't improve and get some more painkillers.