Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evoral Conti  (Read 1467 times)

jaycee

Evoral Conti
« on: June 11, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »

Just been prescribed Evoral Conti, taken off livial as patches dont go through the liver like tablets, but i am really worried now after reading that a lot of women have had bleeds,
Anyone here can reassure me,
Anyone had good or bad  experiences with them?

Katejo

Re: Evoral Conti
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 05:52:38 PM »

Just been prescribed Evoral Conti, taken off livial as patches dont go through the liver like tablets, but i am really worried now after reading that a lot of women have had bleeds,
Anyone here can reassure me,
Anyone had good or bad  experiences with them?
I started them 2 months ago. No bleeding at all yet. Minor side effects last week when I tried a full patch instead of  a half. Haven't noticed any changes at all yet.
There does seem to be a supply problem at the moment. It hasn't affected me as I have enough to last me until my next meno appointment.

meenaruss

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 05:56:48 PM »

Hi I was on the evorel sequi patches but changed to conti so as not to have a monthly bleed.  However, the bleeding became almost continuous - having only a few days of no bleeding every month so I am now back on the sequi and having a regular monthly bleed

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 06:22:57 PM »

I am well post meno, so i dont want any bleeding at all, are they for post meno i wonder,i had better check,
Re, shortages, my Dr said he would check before he issued them and says no problem with them
Also plenty of femseven conti at my chemist, although it says on here none available
Thanks for replies

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 07:51:01 PM »

I am well post meno, so i dont want any bleeding at all, are they for post meno i wonder,i had better check,
Re, shortages, my Dr said he would check before he issued them and says no problem with them
Also plenty of femseven conti at my chemist, although it says on here none available
Thanks for replies
Conti are definitely for post menopause. I am 5 years past but you can have slight bleeding at the beginning.

jaycee

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »

Ok, thank you, just that i have read some have had heavy bleeding, will put me off if thats the case

vickypk

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 08:31:51 AM »

Hi jaycee
Ive been using Evorel conti patches for 3 years. Never had any bleeding
Xx

jaycee

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 08:12:56 PM »

Hi Vicky thank you, fingers x then, i have to finish the livial that i am on first, but will update when i go onto the Evoral

Tracey E

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 10:10:29 PM »

Hi Jaycee, may I ask why you discontinued the livial tablets?

jaycee

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 10:32:46 PM »

I like the livial, but i have been having hair loss,quite a lot. and wondered if they were to blame or contributed to it, as one of the things in the tablets is a kind of testosterone, but also confused about that, as some people have said it contributes to hair loss, and others say  testosterone helps keeping hair,
Some say its lack of iron, but i have Haemochromatosis, which is iron overload, but my iron really doesn;t get very high, others say its lack of Oestrogen, so very confusing
Almost everyone i have spoken to says get iron checked, even on Philip Kingsleys website, who is an expert on hair says lack of iron,so Dr thought try patches instead, and has given me some steroid lotion which i believe has helped some women i have been in touch with

Tracey E

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 07:23:00 AM »

I like the livial, but i have been having hair loss,quite a lot. and wondered if they were to blame or contributed to it, as one of the things in the tablets is a kind of testosterone, but also confused about that, as some people have said it contributes to hair loss, and others say  testosterone helps keeping hair,
Some say its lack of iron, but i have Haemochromatosis, which is iron overload, but my iron really doesn;t get very high, others say its lack of Oestrogen, so very confusing
Almost everyone i have spoken to says get iron checked, even on Philip Kingsleys website, who is an expert on hair says lack of iron,so Dr thought try patches instead, and has given me some steroid lotion which i believe has helped some women i have been in touch with

I've tried quite a few HRT preparations over the last 12 months and found Evorel made my hair grow and thicken up. :) I had to come off them because they caused palpitations. :( I did gave a small bleed whilst on them though.

I have suffered hair loss with other HRT preparations so I think it must be the progesterone part.

Interesting that your chemist has Femseven Conti in stock mind. I couldn't get them anywhere in the Midlands. :(

jaycee

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »

I will probably give the Evoral a try but i also read that the Noretheristone part of it,[might have spelt it wrong] can cause hairloss too, so confusing