Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT How Long To Work  (Read 1110 times)

JCH187

HRT How Long To Work
« on: June 11, 2019, 10:34:50 AM »

I wonder if you can offer some advice... I started on Femoston 1/10 3 weeks ago (I started my second week of the combined yesterday). I've noticed an improvement in a couple of my symptoms but my main problem of not sleeping is not improving, is it too early to expect it to improve or am I being unrealistic?

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: HRT How Long To Work
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 10:52:44 AM »

Hi JCH187    :welcomemm:

You should give hrt around 3/6 months first to see how things are.
If no improvement by then, then you need to assess with doctor.
It may mean your on a too lower dose for you. This is the thing, it sometimes takes a while for hormones to level out. Hopefully, you'll be fine, just give it a few more weeks to see if there's any improvement.
Have you tried any other sleep techniques, to help?

Good luck...
Jd xx

JCH187

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »

People I know who have taken HRT said once they were on the right dose they knew within a couple of weeks which is why I was asking!

I'm very careful with caffeine, don't drink any after 10am, limit alcohol to one drink if I want one, have swapped my duvet for a sheet and blankets so can remove layers if over heating (although I prefer to have something heavy over me as I sleep better it means I overheat so can't do it), I run 5k 3 times a week (in the morning) and walk everyday for a minimum of 40 minutes, don't smoke, nothing stressful going on in my life, I tried meditating/mindfulness but struggle with that, I have recently resorted to taking Nytol (not the herbal one) to try and get some good nights in as I was making mistakes at work, I take vit d, magnesium and calcium every night. Not sure what else to try, any suggestions? 

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 11:59:43 AM »

Hi sleeping was my last symptom to improve and it took a good few months .  You should notice improvements in 4 - 6 weeks, but improvements can take up to 6 months x

Loobs72

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:38:53 AM »

I wonder if you can offer some advice... I started on Femoston 1/10 3 weeks ago (I started my second week of the combined yesterday). I've noticed an improvement in a couple of my symptoms but my main problem of not sleeping is not improving, is it too early to expect it to improve or am I being unrealistic?

Hi. I started taking Femoston 1/10 last week.  Do you take all the white pills first and then all the grey ones after that?  Nothing was explained to me at all?

Perinowpost

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 09:29:38 AM »

Loobs72

Take the white ones first (they're oestrogen) and then the grey (progesterone). I've just started them too, how are you finding them?x

Waitykaty

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 06:08:43 PM »

Hi,

Jumping in to say I am on day 3.

I'm 50 and have only skipped 2 periods.

You said you had noticed some improvement
May I ask what got better?

Thanks

Loobs72

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 05:55:40 PM »

The flushes have stopped completely but my low mood has not improved at all, I feel really down but I do have a lot on my plate.

I am now on the last few grey tablets of my first pack.  When will I have a bleed and do I start on the white tablets of the new pack straight away when these grey ones are finished without a break?

Also today my stomach feels really big and bloated and painful.  Is this normal?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:04:21 PM by Loobs72 »