Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10 - where to start?  (Read 573 times)

bugalugs

Femoston 2/10 - where to start?
« on: June 07, 2019, 10:03:32 PM »

I'm peri-menopausal and paid for a private consultation in Edinburgh where I was prescribed Estelle Duet (or something similar) - after a few trips to various pharmacists it became clear that there's a production/stock issue so I got back in touch with the consultant who was extremely prompt, apologetic and helpful and left a new prescription for Femoston 2/10 which I've just collected from a pharmacist after a shift at work - opened up the pack and I am baffled.  I would hasten to add that I have also read the paper insert!

The instruction on the sticker just say take one daily, but do I start on pink or cream?

I am sorry if this is a basic question but I am so confused.  My periods are still fairly regular and the last one ended on 29th May.

Hurdity

Re: Femoston 2/10 - where to start?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 08:17:28 AM »

Hi bugalugs

Do not worry about asking any question - we've all started from zero knowledge at some point!!!

You normally start with the oestrogen only tablets - not sure what colour they are. Normally would be on Day 1 of the bleed. However if your bleed started approx 25th May, you could start half-way through the pack, so that would mean starting with the combi tablets ie the ones containing oestrogen and the progestogen (maybe these are the coloured ones?). Otherwise wait until your next period - if as you say they are regular-ish. Personally I would go for it now! You might get a bit more pms by starting on the combi tabs but it should right itself....

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Hurdity x

bugalugs

Re: Femoston 2/10 - where to start?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 08:52:05 AM »

Thank you so much - I am so keen to start that I didn't want to have to wait until Monday to contact the Dr who prescribed and wait for a response!
Having read the back of the packet, the yellow tablets have Estradiol and Dydrogesterone whereas the red tablets are purely Estradiol, so just taken the yellow ‘Saturday' one.