Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: It’s hard to get motivated in the morning - advise please  (Read 750 times)

TraceyTracey

I take estrogen and have the marina coil fitted.   The estrogen can be a little out sometimes due to the patches falling off but I try to keep on top of it and replace  them quickly. 

I get 6 hours sleep - could be better but I'm not complaining because I know some have huge struggles with sleep. 

I wake up with my t shirt visibly damp so I  having night sweats but they do not wake me up.     Should a adjust my estrogen?

Also mornings are like treading through treacle... I am ok when at my desk at work at9.00 but even so it takes three coffees each morning to feel energetic - maybe it's a habit.    I really struggle between waking at 7.00 and around 10.30.  I often feel helpless and think I can't do this.. but I just keep going...  Does anyone have any tips to get me going and out of the morning slump?

Thanks all xx

TraceyTracey

Re: It’s hard to get motivated in the morning - advise please
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »

I have felt like this for a long time off and on. I have been using the Merina for 15 years and been peri for about 10 years..

I am really happy demeanor wise in the mornings as long as there is no stress.   I am a bit grumpy with myself sometimes because I am slow due to fighting the slump and related anxiety that I am feeling/and feeling tired too. 

Maybe I do need to ditch the coffee.... I don't drink any until 9.00 and feel like this from 7-10.30... the day kicks in I am ok.   Do you think there is a caffeine hangover too.  I don't drink coffee on Saturday and Sunday but I do take it easy on those mornings so there is no issue. 

What else can I have in the morning to get things going... or do you think no caffeine and either water or herbal tea will clear out my caffeine addiction and I will feel better when I wake up?

I love the coffee :(

Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: It’s hard to get motivated in the morning - advise please
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:10:20 PM »

Sounds 'normal' ....... are you depressed?

When I was ill years ago I kept a list of chores - I would write it each evening so that I could tick of things achieved during the day.  Less to stress me as I could see what I had done.

How is your diet?  If you body is hungry it stands to reason that ti will be sluggish?  8 hours sleep without sustenance is a long time for the body to then get up and go. 

How are your bowels?  Sluggish action can cause the body to be tired.  Been there etc..

Hydration is important.  I don't wake properly until mid-morning hence the routine so that I can be on automatic pilot  ::) and don't talk to me until I've eaten breakfast and wandered round my garden  :D.