Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 44 and vagina skin tags causing problems  (Read 2829 times)

Sammiclaire

44 and vagina skin tags causing problems
« on: June 06, 2019, 06:58:39 AM »

Hi. I'm sam and new to this site
I got told I was going through Peru earlier this year. I'm 44 and have had problems with polyps a few times over past 5 yrs or more. Had  D and C clear out about 15 yrs ago. Thing is, over past yr have developed IBS now been told I'm going through peri but since jan this yr I noticed some bump like things on entrance to my vagina. Seen doctor and he said they were skin tags. Ive been reading up on internet and there's not much about them actually in the vagina, just on outside. Has anyone else had this cause they seem to cause a lot of irritation around menstrual time and I was worried the Vagifem might have been exasperating them so stopped using them. Big mistake!! I was sore, felt like burning, etc so started again. Ive got such anxiety when it comes to my health that I swear the moment I walk in my doctors room, he looks at me like oh,not this one again!! Any advice

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: 44 and vagina skin tags causing problems
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »

Hi Sammieclaire.   :welcomemm:
I havnt any experience of skin tags, but I do have a small piece of skin that gets sore sometimes which is just inside my vagina, it's when they stitched me up after giving birth and pulled them too tight and a piece of skin either grew out in between the stitches or it's how it healed. It's just there, like an extra! 😆
If these skin tags get sore I'd go and ask to have them removed if I were you. They're not anything sinister, just a bloody nuisance. Especially if they rub on underware or sanitary towels ect....don't worry about what your doctor thinks, he's there to help. Just ask to be referred. Health anxiety is the pits, loads of us on here have it, please don't google, you'll have yourself dead n buried in no time at all, although I know we all do it.!
Carry on with the vagifem, don't stop again, because all your symptoms will return, as you know only too well now......can't offer anything else, go see what he says, you never know, you might get them removed.......xxxxx

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 07:21:49 PM »

Hello Sammiclaire and welcome to the forum.

I'm not a medic but I believe skin tags are caused by friction which is why they appear where skin rubs skin ie under the arms or where clothes rub against the body, the neckline for instance. Perhaps your underwear is causing the problem and swapping thongs for something less snug may help.

Many ladies here have raging health anxiety and it's no wonder when you consider all the changes that we are going through. You are in good company here lol!

Take care and wishing you well.

K.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »

Yes Kathleen, my OH has loads on his neck and upper body, where his clothes have rubbed.
Our doctor won't remove them though....but in sammieclairs case, because they get sore, I should imagine they'd remove them...?? 🤷‍♀️

Saffy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 11:56:45 PM »

I wasn't sure whether to post this as I don't want to add to anyone's health anxiety but skin tags are highly correlated with insulin resistance https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20464083. I have no idea if this applies to those in the vagina though.

kp64

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 12:21:45 AM »

Hi I had a skin tag just on the inside of my vagina it used to get bigger then go down. I mentioned it to the nurse while I was having a smear test. She got the doctor to look and she referred me to the hospital.

They did remove it. They are burnt off but it is a painless procedure and no further problems with them since.  I wouldn't worry but ask to be referred to have it removed.

Sammiclaire

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 01:53:23 PM »

Thanks for advice guys. I'm seeing doctor tomorrow evening. Now Ive been back on veggies for week, things down there feeling slightly better, although still feel heated at Times. The skin tags don't seem to be causing many problems at mo as stopped myself from feeling around with them but I'm due on in a week so I'm expecting a flare up!! Will just get doc to have another check and refer me I think. How long does it take for this Vagifem to completely help my symptoms