Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Plastics / Climate change  (Read 49470 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Irony : ( Plastics / Climate change )
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2023, 02:48:44 PM »

;D

The United Arab Emirates planned to use its role as the host of UN climate talks as an opportunity to strike oil and gas deals, the BBC has learned.

Leaked briefing documents reveal plans to discuss fossil fuel deals with 15 nations.

The UN body responsible for the COP28 summit told the BBC hosts were expected to act without bias or self-interest.

The UAE team did not deny using COP28 meetings for business talks, and said "private meetings are private".

It declined to comment on what was discussed in the meetings and said its work has been focused on "meaningful climate action".

Looking at this with some logic, why not discuss future oil deals whilst everyone is over there: rather than flying back/forth in the New Year

CLKD

Council bins
« Reply #241 on: January 01, 2024, 04:42:29 PM »

We have a good system in that we have a food waste caddy, collected every week.  The black bin contents go to landfill/digestor.  Blue bin [we have 2] is for cardboard, paper, glass, bottles, jars with lids, plastics; green bin [we have 2 even though we home compost] are charged for annually, which take garden waste. 

How do other Councils sort household rubbish? 

star35

Re: Plastics / Climate change
« Reply #242 on: January 01, 2024, 04:53:01 PM »

We have a bin that takes paper and cardboard, a bin for plastics, glass and metal, a food bin and a bin for everything  else that goes to landfill. Food bin is taken every week but the paper and general waste alternate with the plastic bin. We can have a bin for garden waste if we pay but we take ours to the tip as it is only 5 minutes away.

CLKD

« Reply #243 on: January 01, 2024, 05:32:06 PM »

Landfill space is getting scarce, hence the need for more digesters ........ also I would love to go round a recycling plant to see how it all works!

Joaniepat

« Reply #244 on: January 01, 2024, 05:51:47 PM »

We have a box for glass (so that broken glass doesn't contaminate the rest of the recycling), a bin for recycling (paper, cardboard, some plastics, tin cans, foil trays if clean enough), a bin for non-recyclables and a food caddy. Textiles can be left out in a clear bag, but are often not collected because the compartment on the lorry is too small. All the aforementioned goes weekly. I subscribe to the fortnightly garden waste scheme too.
CLKD, I would also love to go round a recycling plant. Will you be firing up the charabanc any time soon 😉?
JP x
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 05:53:59 PM by Joaniepat »

CLKD

« Reply #245 on: January 01, 2024, 06:10:58 PM »

Of course: need to pump up the tyres, clean the windows and lights then away we go.   ;D. My biggest problem is those tiny TePee brushes that I've been advised to use, wondering whether they jamb up the works! 

I've decided to clean out jam jars as several people were asking on local FB pages during the year, seems a shame to bin them, they can go into the attic and when I get 6-ish I'll offer them up.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]