Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 1454 times)

LadyBlack1

Hello everyone
« on: May 24, 2019, 05:58:15 AM »

Hello, going through the menopause now (who isn't?).  I always said I wouldn't do HRT and then nearly had a nervous breakdown because of the depression.  I was put on Elleste Duet and all the symptoms went away apart from the fact that I began having regular periods again.  This meant I had all the bloating and mood swings I got when I was having them before.  Then my chemist had "supplier issues" with the Elleste.  No warning so I ran out of Elleste and began experiencing all the bad depression I got before.  I got a new prescription from my doctor and I am now on Novofem.  I think I am experiencing side effects but I'm not sure.  When I ran out, I had just started a period which basically ended up being nothing.  Since taking Novofem, my breasts are swollen and I feel completely bloated around my stomach.  I can't tell if this is weight gain, bloating from my aborted period or bloating from the Novofem.  Obviously I don't want the weight gain.  I feel incredibly uncomfortable, I have problems sitting down, and lying in bed.  I feel incredibly angry at having to take a medication that makes me put on weight when I was absolutely fine on Elleste but I can't get it.  Does anyone know that if this is bloating, it's only temporary?  I'm thinking of going back to my doctor to get a new prescription but if I just need to work through the side effects, then I will stick with it. 

Any help appreciated.

JaneinPen

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 07:54:50 AM »

:welcomemm: LadyBlack1 I can't offer advice but I am sure some of our lovely meno ladies will be along shortly with helpful advice

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 05:47:34 PM »

Hi! maybe put the product name into the search box and see what pops up?

:welcomemm:

QueenB

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 07:40:59 PM »

Hi LadyBlack1

I feel your pain! I too was doing well on Elleste Duet. I haven't been able to find out what's behind the supply issues. Some say Brexit, but who knows? Very frustrating when you've found something that works - for me, it rid me of horrendous hot flushes and night sweats  >:(

I was prescribed Kliovance as an alternative - I haven't had a bleed for over a year so this continuous combined HRT was considered OK for me.

But I too am struggling and know exactly what you mean. Boated and uncomfortable, and emotional too. It's like PMT, which I thought I'd left far, far behind me!

I'm almost finished the first month and am going to stick it out for another month to see how it goes. I know from other posts here that it can take time to adjust to a new regime.

But if I still feel like this a month from now, I'll be back to see my GP!

Not sure if that helps, but you are not alone  :)

LadyBlack1

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 01:51:07 PM »

Many thanks all for the replies.  I have googled the side effects but they just talk about the side effects, not how long they last.  Probably because they vary so much from person to person.  I think the bloating has stopped, and the..er....er..windy issue has gone as well.  Perhaps I do just need time to get used to it.  I still have the flushes but they are to do with being more easily embarrased which is down to the emotions I think.

QueenB, my neighbour suggested that the patent was coming to an end but she also told me that I will never come off HRT, so not sure what to believe.  Bue she suggested it was to be withdrawn because of that.  Fingers crossed I can get used to the NovoFem.  I have type 2 diabetes so I think my doctor has to be a bit careful which HRT they choose. I will persevere...... 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 02:44:42 PM »

Stop googling and stop talking to your neighbours ?  ::)

Put the product name or concern into the search box on this Forum, usually someone will have knowledge about your worries ;-).

Make notes  ;D - nothing is taboo!