Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: First night on patch 😭  (Read 759 times)

lisa_w

First night on patch 😭
« on: May 23, 2019, 01:44:32 PM »

My period started yesterday so I put on an HRT patch last night...today I feel like my body is floating...dizzy...headache and dry throat and I dont know if it's the patch(everol ) or just something new to add to all my symptoms. I feel like ripping it off ...but I'm not sure if it's that...can barley think or keep my eyes open
Just want to cry and stay in my bed I'm 43 with 2 young girlies to look after and i have no quality of life. Had all sorts of tests over past few years ...got an iron infusion a week ago. I just want to feel and think normal 😭😭 xxx

Rosie77

Re: First night on patch 😭
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 02:24:39 PM »

Hi lisa,  same here... today I had a 15 min coughing fit, dry throat, then after I dropped my son off, I ran a couple of errands this morning and now feel horrible. I was driving home and my stomach was killing me, barely made it home to the bathroom. Migraine started  yesterday, I took an ibuprofen first thing this morning, hence my stomach problems.  dizziness, floaty head, off balanced jelly legs now.  I have not had a regular period since Jan.  I am on the patch since March and had 3 withdrawal bleeds in 4 weeks...so my dr changed the progesterone to cyclical instead.  I will be 42 soon, suffering for the past 2 years.  This is all not right, I have children too, I am barely holding it together  :'(
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:29:01 PM by Rosie77 »

lisa_w

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 02:40:20 PM »

Oh I'm sorry you feel so bad as well it's so unfair...I cant believe how difficult this is!
Honestly if it wasnt for the kids id stay in bed...sitting here trying to push myself to manage the 5 minute walk to oucknthem up!
Have u always had migraines? I only started getting them as this whole horrid thing started...I usually get 3 the week before my period...I'm still having mines regularly...either 3 weeks or 5 weeks apart
Do u get any other unusual symtoms? Xxx

Rosie77

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 02:54:37 PM »

Oh I'm sorry you feel so bad as well it's so unfair...I cant believe how difficult this is!
Honestly if it wasnt for the kids id stay in bed...sitting here trying to push myself to manage the 5 minute walk to oucknthem up!
Have u always had migraines? I only started getting them as this whole horrid thing started...I usually get 3 the week before my period...I'm still having mines regularly...either 3 weeks or 5 weeks apart
Do u get any other unusual symtoms? Xxx

Oh, where to begin... I had monthly tension type headaches years ago and a handful of migraines. Fast forward... My head hasn't been clear for 2 years.  I went off birth control pills at 40 and started feeling awful within a month.  However, was sent for cardio, mri, bloodwork, a zillions of other tests.  All clear except for my FSH was 170 in Jan. 

My main problems for the past 2 years is drop dead fatigue, lethargy, constantly off balanced, neck pain, back pain, faint feelings, anxiety, tinnitus, lightheadedness, heavy head, head pressure. near constant headache or migraine. I was told I have vestibular migraine, basically I get migraines and I am dizzy all the time! Was put on nortripyline, just stopped it last week as my heart was racing on it.  I have a prescription for venlaflaxine, but I am scared to take it.  Supposedly helps with migraine.  Do you get awful fatigue too?  I am seeing a rheumatologist and a neuro soon. Probably just more energy being wasted...so sick of drs. 

lisa_w

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 03:00:09 PM »

Honestly I could've written this myself! A few years of hell!
Will reply properly later xx

paisley

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 04:14:32 PM »

I really sympathize with you. This menopause thing really sucks. It's horrible to think that there are so many symptoms associated with it. I haven't found drs much help.
The problem with HRT is that you have to give it a bit of time to settle in. Hormones can't be switched off like a tap. Your body needs to adjust to the HRT. Also for me the worst part of the HRT was the progesterone side of it. It made me crazy, so you might need to experiment with different types until you find one that suits.

paisley

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »

annamuller
I definitely agree if the HRT gave you daily migraines that's awful.
For me when I start any HRT it's the mental symptoms that intensify & I try to get through that until the HRT settles down a bit.

Sparkler

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 05:31:21 AM »

Hi Lisa

We're all different, but when I started patches I felt odd for about 2 weeks, on and off. Then it settled. By ‘odd' I mean a bit wired at times and waves of woozy/dizzy.

It might well just settle once your body is used to it. Good luck.
S