Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: VA and Vagifem  (Read 8739 times)

Dierdre

Re: VA and Vagifem
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2019, 08:52:19 AM »

I had some dodgy looking discharge after starting oral HRT, think it was my body's attempt to produce discharge again after nothing for so long. It went when I came off it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2019, 08:57:15 AM »

Thrush is a fungus.  Same family as athletes' foot  ::)

I never had a discharge, but I remember well That Itch  :o.  Apparently there was a lot of white debris internally so the Gynae Registrar with whom I worked gave me a pessary - I think. That was in the 1980s .......

Go knickerless too  ;) - let the air get to it.

Tc

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2019, 09:01:02 AM »

Thanks ladies. I said I was going to get the pessary and The women's physio said to me "dont put canneston anywhere near your vagina". Take the tablet. Dont know why shes got a downer on canneston.  ???

Wrensong

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2019, 09:02:55 AM »

Yes CLKD - thrush is a fungal infection - I was just surprised they seemed to have changed the wording in the PIL - I thought it had previously specifically said thrush/Candida.

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2019, 09:04:26 AM »

I don't fancy putting Mycil powder down there though  :D which is what Dad used on his feet  ::)

Wrensong

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2019, 09:05:07 AM »

Tc, perhaps she felt the internal meds might burn - they can do that.  A GP told me the oral capsule is often less effective than the topical preparations.

Tc

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2019, 09:10:11 AM »

Thanks wrensong  I'll see how it goes. Weirdly since she said it I feel a bit itchy!! Always the way.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2019, 09:11:50 AM »

Dryness = itchy feelings.  Get some moisturiser down there.

Wrensong

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2019, 09:13:28 AM »

Tc, hopefully the capsule will have done the trick.  Yeah - the power of suggestion eh?! ;D

Tc

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2019, 09:28:58 AM »

So true!!. When you dont have symptoms and something is discovered accidentally you walk out of the surgery physically no different to 10 minutes before when you walked  in but you feel different. It happened to me when my ovarian tumour was found and all the red flags went up with the docs, urgent this and scan that!!  I came out convinced I could feel it when half an hour before I didnt know it was there!!

Wrensong

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »

Yes - when my BSO was advised because the cyst they had been monitoring changed to being described as a red flag "mass", suddenly that years old intermittent pain low down on the side they were getting animated about could only have been due to worst case scenario in the catastrophe factory that is my tiny brain!  Despite the fact the pain had preceded the red flag signs by years & I knew pressure on a cyst e.g. from the bowel could also cause pain!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 10:34:54 AM by Wrensong »

Tc

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2019, 11:50:35 PM »

So true wrensong. Mine was a dermoid but it's hard to tell for sure with dermoids and so it had to come out. I just wish they hadnt taken the ovaries with it.  I'd never had a pelvic scan in my life so it mightve been there for years.  When you end up under an oncologist you dont question when they say somethings got to come out. But then afterwards when I questioned it she said "you were told it wasnt cancer". I wasnt. They said they couldn't be 100 per cent until it was removed. I said that to her and she said "of course". But it realy messed with my head when she said that. As if I wouldve had my ovaries removed if they told me it wasnt cancer. I dont know to this day why they did remove them if they thought it wasnt.. It realy threw me into a tailspin when she said that especially as I wasnt told how serious the consequences of ovary removal can be. It made it very hard to accept losing my ovaries as I now felt it  wasnt done for good enough reason and has made me so angry at myself for letting them do it. I'm still not anywhere near at peace with it .
Sorry that's all not very relevant here is it?
We realy need a BSO or surgical meno thread on here. Everytime someone mentions it on another thread I jump on it. I just realy feel the need to talk about it. It's such unresolved stuff for me.

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2019, 06:42:03 AM »

Some Consultants remove ovaries in case there is disease later on, saves on two GAs and a lot of illness.  Because there is a little bit left I suppose that they feel it's enough to prevent menopause symptoms.  You may find that methods alter over the years as medical procedures go in and out of fashion.

How's things this morning?

Wrensong

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2019, 07:53:59 AM »

Tc, I'm so sorry to hear a little of the history behind your BSO & I can well understand the conflicting feelings you have as a result.  Mine happened at what was a very difficult time for me because of other stuff ongoing, so like you, I have unresolved issues I'm struggling to process. 

I think the potential seriousness of ovarian cancer means if there is any doubt at all about the nature of a cyst - as there seems to have been with both you & I - removal of ovaries is always recommended. 

I'm not sure whether the surgery plunged you into menopause or if like me you were already postmeno, but as mentioned earlier, I have nevertheless felt the effects of losing whatever output my ovaries were still making - especially, I suspect, Testosterone. 

You mentioned the need to talk about it but that this thread is perhaps not the right place - maybe start a new one as you suggest if varying points of view would help, or if it would help to talk more privately to someone in a similar position, please send me a PM.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]